Pregnant after a Loss
Options

UPDATE: To doppler or not to doppler; that is the question

I just gave in and ordered the Sonoline B 3mhz.  I'm really starting to freak out again, so I think that this is the best thing for me.  Thanks everyone for your thoughts on dopplers last week.  I'm hoping this will help me cope better :-)

Re: UPDATE: To doppler or not to doppler; that is the question

• Options
    Good luck!  I loved having the doppler in the stage before I could feel LO moving around.  The Sonoline B worked great.  :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I promised myself that I wouldn't use it every day when we got one. DH and I checked in once a week to hear the heartbeat. I hope this helps you through this stage in your pregnancy.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    BFP #1: 07/10/2009, Missed m/c, D&C 08/12/2009
    BFP #2: 01/31/2010, Identical Twins died in utero due to TTTS, D&E 05/19/2010
    BFP #3: 09/16/2010, natural m/c 9/21/2010
    PCOS & Bocornuate Uterus Dx 1.4.2011
    BFP #4: 01/11/2011
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I'm in that in-between stage of losing my symptoms and feeling movement, so my doppler has been keeping me sane! I have to admit though, I can get obsessed with it sometimes, but my anxiety is so much lower. Whenever I am worrying about something, I whip out the doppler and calm my fears.

I hope it eases the stress for you!

• Options
    I wish I could use mine! I got it over a month ago but I told myself I wouldn't use it until my doctor could find the HBs using hers. She still couldn't at 13w5d because my uterus is tilted back Sad
    m/c 7/17/10
    Dx: MFI- 3% morph
    IUIs: Gonal-F + Ovidrel + b2b IUI= BFNs
    IVF with ICSI= BFP! EDD 11/25/11
    3/18- Beta #1 452! 3/20- Beta #2 1,026!! 3/27- First u/s- TWINS!
    Our twin boys arrived at 36w5d due to IUGR and a growth discordance

FET: Medicated FET moved up to 5/23 due to ovulation
    Transferred a 6BB hatched blastocyst- genetically normal female embryo
    BFP! 5/28- 5dp6dt      
    6/1 Beta #1- 223! 6/3 Beta #2- 567!

Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.
  • Options

imageColleenS629:
    I wish I could use mine! I got it over a month ago but I told myself I wouldn't use it until my doctor could find the HBs using hers. She still couldn't at 13w5d because my uterus is tilted back Sad

That's interesting that they are trying to use a doppler with twins.  During my first pregnancy my OB said that they wouldn't use a doppler because it was too hard to know which hb was whose.  They said they only use u/s for multiples.  

TTC #1 since 8/09
    BFP#1 - 9/2/10, EDD 5/14/11, Twins Hannah and Liam lost 11/7/10 @ 13w1d.
    BFP #2 - 2/9/11, EDD 10/13/11, LO lost 2/13/11 @ 5w4d
    BFP #3 - 5/9/11, DS born 1/13/12

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    ~*~My BFP Chart~*~Our Story~*~
    ~*~Labor Buddies with Sweet Turnip - Welcome Baby Girl 2/23/12 & Aluenna - Welcome Ivy 1/6/12~*~
  • Options
    It's kept me sane, but I know everyone is different. I hope it does the same for you!
    BFP#1 9/14/10 (EDD 5/21/11); no fetal pole 6w6d, 7w4d, d&c 10/8
    BFP#2 3/16/11, beta 138; 4/12 Baby/HB DS born 9/10/11 at 29w4d due to partial abruption and PTL
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    BFP#3 8/19/13 Another boy! 17P, modified bedrest and Nifedipine helped us have a termie! DS2 born 4/19/14 at 38w5d.
  • Options
    ambs21ambs21 member
    imageEris-Alexis:

imageColleenS629:

That's interesting that they are trying to use a doppler with twins.  During my first pregnancy my OB said that they wouldn't use a doppler because it was too hard to know which hb was whose.  They said they only use u/s for multiples.  

My Dr. uses doppler for multiples, too. 

• Options
    I will be right behind you shortly on the doppler train . . . I've been debating on ordering one as well but I think I'm going to.  I would order it now but I'm kinda early yet to hear anything and I know if I did get it right now I would start using it because I have self control and then not hear anything possibly and then freak myself out!  Plus I have an u/s next Thursday so I've decided on waiting until after that u/s to order it!  By the time it gets here I will be 11 weeks +/- but I'm excited to try it!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"