Great post on marriage with a new baby — The Bump
Northern California Babies

Great post on marriage with a new baby

Ask Moxie post

In a CW post a few weeks ago, a Bumpie made a simple statement that she was feeling disappointed in how much the marriage had changed with the new baby.  I've been thinking about that recently as I've seen my own marriage shift a little, and I've certainly had some ugly moments that I'd rather forget.  This post is a great source of support and advice if you're feeling that way.

PM me for our family/baby blog

Haley Beth ~ March 3rd, 2011

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Great post on marriage with a new baby

• Pretty good, except for tip #4, b/c I don't think you can prevent PPD. If you get it, you get it. The tips in the download are good, if you have PPD or not.
    **** TW - kids and loss mentioned ****
    ~~ married 8.11.07
    ~~ DD1 1.16.11 ~~ DD2 1.3.14 ~~
    ~~ BFP3 12.22.15 MMC 2.29.16 @ 13 weeks ~~
    ~~ 2 D&Cs (3.1.16 and 3.10.16) for MMC
    ~~ BFP4 10.27.16  MMC 1.23.17 @ 16 weeks ~~ D&E 1.26.17 ~~
  • image ladipale:
    Pretty good, except for tip #4, b/c I don't think you can prevent PPD. If you get it, you get it. The tips in the download are good, if you have PPD or not.

I agree, and have to say it does get easier!  DD is now 9 months old and DH and I are starting to get back to the way we were before.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • image ladipale:
    Pretty good, except for tip #4, b/c I don't think you can prevent PPD. If you get it, you get it. The tips in the download are good, if you have PPD or not.

I agree. It may have been better worded as to recognize if you have it and take steps to get help. 

It took me a while, with both kids to realize that I had to stop wishing for things to get back to "normal" and to get used to an embrace our new normal.  

Greyson Ray ~ July 31 2006 | WinterRose Elizabeth ~ April 28th 2010 Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    The Blog | BirthbyKellyM
  • image KellyMRocks:

It took me a while, with both kids to realize that I had to stop wishing for things to get back to "normal" and to get used to an embrace our new normal.  

and for me, realizing that the new normal is always evolving. As an example, just as I'm getting used to our schedule.. we have to start thinking about feeding Ellie solids!

**** TW - kids and loss mentioned ****
    ~~ married 8.11.07
    ~~ DD1 1.16.11 ~~ DD2 1.3.14 ~~
    ~~ BFP3 12.22.15 MMC 2.29.16 @ 13 weeks ~~
    ~~ 2 D&Cs (3.1.16 and 3.10.16) for MMC
    ~~ BFP4 10.27.16  MMC 1.23.17 @ 16 weeks ~~ D&E 1.26.17 ~~
  • image ladipale:

I agree, I don't like the "prevent PPD" phrase, since it's a chemical shift- not something you can see coming and take measures to prevent.  I didn't think the post was life-altering or anything like that, but I guess I was in a place where it was helpful to call attention to the matter and some of its causes.  And I need to remind myself to thank my lucky stars that I have such a patient husband.  Tongue Tied

PM me for our family/baby blog

Haley Beth ~ March 3rd, 2011

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards