Multiples
Options

To Separate or Not......

DS has always been a terrible sleeper.  He wakes at least two times a night to feed and then he got a double ear infection and it went downhill from there.  he is now getting up every 2 hours at night.  ugh.  DD always slept through the night and now has decided she needs to get up at least once.  I think DS is waking her. 

So the question is, do we separate them?  

I think DS is definitely waking DD at least once a night.  And I know that any sleep training we attempt will definitely wake her up.  She is a light sleeper due to her severe GERD.  

HELP!!  This mama needs some sleep. 

DH-NOA confirmed with TESE, ME-Unexplained After 1 Miscarriage, 6 IUI's, our little miracles are here. Proud Parents of Twins. Lilypie First Birthday tickers
We're Finally Three

Re: To Separate or Not......

• Options
    I would separate them and see how it goes.  We separated ours around 8 months or so, maybe a little earlier.  We had one bad sleeper who would wake the good sleeper up.  We did a trial first by moving the bad sleeper into her own room in a pack n play.  We needed to sleep train the bad sleeper and didn't want the good sleeper to have to go through that.  So we gave them their own rooms - at that point, the good sleeper kept STTN.  We did sleep training on the bad sleeper and she's been STTN since.  Once we saw how well it was working, we moved the bad sleeper's crib into her own room.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options

Hmmm. I'd lean towards not so they learn to sleep through each other waking.  Unless you plan to separate them in a year or something anyway, in which case why not?

We've been letting ours "fuss it out" lately, and they seem to be getting used to the noise, where as they had been waking each other at the slightest noise a week ago.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    We're sleep training DS and put DD in the pnp in our room for all the reasons you listed. During naps he doesn't seem to wake her, but overnight he was waking her (around 5 am) since we separated them she went back to sleeping 11 hours.
  • Options
    niki- does the monitor not wake DD?
    DH-NOA confirmed with TESE, ME-Unexplained After 1 Miscarriage, 6 IUI's, our little miracles are here. Proud Parents of Twins. Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    We're Finally Three
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"