September 2011 Moms
Options

Becoming frustrated...

I TOTALLY understand that they are just trying to do their job and prepare DH for any possible issues, but I am now starting to feel like they are looking for more issues.  I didn't post about this earlier (appt was almost 2 weeks ago) I was still letting it sink in...

They keep saying stuff like, "oh, we'll know more when the baby's here" and "it doesn't look like anything is life threatening" WHAT? When you make me have an emergency amnio and we're clear of the trisomy's and you CONGRATULATE me, why is it that a month or 2 later you say it doesn't look like it's life threatening?!? I thought we were clear of that issue???? I'm not ignorant and know that of course complications could arise, but when discussing the birth defects my son already has... 

I'm just feeling like I'm getting mixed signals... Jo, maybe you can help me out here??  

****Signature warning Losses Mentioned****

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

BFP#1 07/01/2004 ~ EDD 03/10/2005 ~ 
D&C 8/1/2004 @ 5w5d
BFP#2 12/27/10 ~ EDD 9/06/2011 ~ DS born 08/14/11 via c-section, passed away 10/17/11
BFP#3 09/07/12 ~ EDD 5/09/2013 ~ DS born 01/30/13 survived for 2 hrs
08/06/14 Waiting for 1st IVF cycle to begin

IVF#1: started stims 9/15; trigger 9/24; ET 9/26-5R 5M, 5F. 3 biopsied for PGD

image           image

Re: Becoming frustrated...

• Options
    I'm so sorry Jen, I can see why you would feel like you are getting mixed signals. As you know I don't know much about this, but am here for you.
    ~ Josh & Jill, married 5/2/09 ~
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBabyFruit TickerImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    quezzoquezzo member

I'm sorry they are making you feel this way, Jen. It's odd that they aren't trying to keep you as calm as possible.

I kind of get the same thing now that we have been cleared for infections and I am not a carrier for CF. They told me the only other thing they could do before birth was an amnio (no thanks). If it is anything other than what I've been tested for then, we won't be able to do anything about it until after birth.

What else are they looking for now? I mean, they know about his intestines and I thought it was just a surgery after birth?   

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm so sorry you're going through this.  ((hugs))
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Baby BROTHER is on the way! ~ EDD 6/12/2015
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

Oh, Jen. Is there something else that they think is going on? I thought that they seemed pretty certain that they had all the answers.

It is so unfair. The worry and the stress. There needs to be a better way than this way. There is something cruel about the lack on information that doctors give.

Hang in there! Think of all the things that thought were wrong. They were wrong. You are going to have a healthy, beautiful baby.

((((HUGE HUGS))))) 

• Options

Jen I am so sorry you have to feel this stress right now.

I agree with PP...a happy healthy baby is on it's way.

• Options
    oops.  commented on wrong post.  sorry
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"