Northern California Babies

Never have a boy...

Ok so Im new and never post wasnt sure what to say before but I dont know who else to talk to so Im just going to vent. We just had our second girl which I was super excited for since I always wanted a sister. But I didnt know at my husband was going to tell me that he is done now and doesnt want anymore. I want a boy soooo bad and to make things worse my best friend and sister in law are due in Nov both having boys =(

Re: Never have a boy...

• I was feeling the same way you are when I found out our lo on the way is a girl. For some reason I felt like having one of each would "complete" our family but now I feel differently. I'm not sure why but I just do. Sorry I don't really have any advice, I just want you to know you aren't alone
    ****missing my little angel since 11/28/12 (m/c 8.4 weeks)**** Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • You're not alone.  I desperately want to have a girl. 

I did want a boy first, but I always wanted to have a girl too.  My second boy is on the way, and we are likely done having kids, and just my luck if we did try again, it'd be another boy.

• Loading the player...
  • Thank you that does help cause I do feel bad sometimes its not that Im not happy with my girls I just really want a Mamas boy
  • Not all boys are Momma's Boys.

Sure, mine likes me alright.  Even loves me from time to time, but neither DH or I would classify him as a Momma's Boy.  He's Daddy's all the way and I'll make-do if DH isn't around or if DS doesn't agree with DH.

I wish I could say I understand, but I'm one of those rare women who want nothing to do with having girls.  It's all boys for me please (as if I really have a say.  :)  )

• Not alone. I have two boys and would a love a girl; however, I know a third would be a boy. Girls just aren't in the cards for me.
  • I know I am in the minority but I always felt like I wanted two the same either 2 boys or 2 girls. Of course I have no control over it but I think same sex siblings tend to be closer when they grow up. I'm sure there are plenty of women that are close with their brothers, but it just seems from the people i know that boys are closer with brothers and girls are closer with sisters.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • jsugrinjsugrin member
    imageMommySteph2009:

You're not alone.  I desperately want to have a girl. 

I did want a boy first, but I always wanted to have a girl too.  My second boy is on the way, and we are likely done having kids, and just my luck if we did try again, it'd be another boy.

Me too!  My DH always wanted a girl, in fact had we had a girl first we would have been done so #2 was out "try for a girl".  We would debate a 3rd every once in awhile when I pregnant with #2 but the thought of 3 boys made me die a little inside.  On another board I just saw a women who is pregnant with her 5th and they are all between 15-20 months apart.  I so wish I were here, but I'm soooo not.  Today alone I've been in tears because it's just been a rough day.

Anyway I'm totally hijacking your post, sorry.  I know how you feel and it's hard, harder still because we're not really "allowed" to talk about it since we're just supposed to be grateful and believe me I know how lucky I am to have two healthy kids but I will always be a little sad that we don't have a girl in our family.

• imagescrapmama2201:
    Not alone. I have two boys and would a love a girl; however, I know a third would be a boy. Girls just aren't in the cards for me.

This is me exactly!  We are done (DH had the big V).  It's boys on his side as far as the eye can see.  Same sex siblings are amazing though- I grew up with one brother and I see how much I missed out onnot having a sister.

Everyone gets dealt a different hand.  I am lucky to have my boys.  I know it's hard not to wallow and compare, and everyone deserves some time doing that now and again, but you've just got to love what you've got!

The Boy Wonder 8/23/06 & The Famous Baby 6/1/10
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I can understand where you are coming from, but do look at it this way: it's luck of the draw (of the sperm) :)

Unless you go through a procedure to filter out male sperm from female (and even that comes, I'm sure with a LOOONG line of disclosures), you could keep ending up with more girls.

And ditto on the not all boys are Mamma's Boys... or Mamma's boys for life.

• Funny, I guess the 'grass is always greener'... I desperately wanted my second to be a girl because I wanted my DD to have a sister.  Of course I love my boy, but in my experience same sex siblings are closer, especially as adults.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • SFAug07SFAug07 member
    I am with Amy, I was really excited that we are having another girl because I feel it will be so nice for Sarah to have a sister. I grew up with a sister and we were very close, even though our age gap was bigger (3.5 years). DH is resigned to the fact that he won't have a son too.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"