Pregnant after a Loss

SOO annoyed (Vent)

I wrote this past weekend about going to the doctors last week due to spotting, and him saying "ok, looks good, see you in 4 weeks..".  Pretty annoyed since I did not go in for a well-pregnancy visit, I was bleeding!

So I called the office today and asked if I could go in to get bloodwork done.  The nurse (I never get to talk to the doctor) says "why"?.  Umm..because i have been spotting in and off since last week and I want to know what my betas are. She gave me a bunch of crap about it, and ten says "I am going to have to ask him and get back to you"....never called back!!

I don't understand what the big deal is to draw blood a couple of times to reassure me.  6 months ago when I had my MC the same things happened and they seemed equally annoyed that I wanted bloodwork.  Yes, I know, switch doctors, but for the most part it is the nurses that are the problem, not the doctors.  UGH!!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers PitaPata Dog tickers Pregnancy Ticker

Re: SOO annoyed (Vent)

• Ew, that's awful.  If this is typical, maybe switching doctors would be a good choice.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BFP #1 5/30/07 M/C 8/26/10 at around 6 weeks BFP #2 10/16/10
  • quezzoquezzo member
    The doctor sounds like a problem too if he was just brushing it off last week. I would switch ASAP. You don't want to have to deal with these people throughout your pregnancy. Even if it is just the nurses being crappy, why would you want to put up with that? 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm sorry you are dealing with insensitive people!  But you took the words from my mouth :)  You need to switch- I left my last doctor only because of the nurse/receptionist who made me feel like I was being annoying every time I called with a question!  I now go to a practice where the people who answer the phone actually thanked me for calling when I had some cramping & told me never to hestitate to call them.  Find a practice where you love everyone there, you'll be so much happier!  GL!!

• Today is just a sucky suck day!! I'm sorry your doctors and nurses are being so insensitive!! T&P for you that everything is fine!?
  • imagequezzo:
    The doctor sounds like a problem too if he was just brushing it off last week. I would switch ASAP. You don't want to have to deal with these people throughout your pregnancy. Even if it is just the nurses being crappy, why would you want to put up with that? 

This exactly.  I hope you are able to find a better doctor/practice with better nurses soon.

TTC #1 since 8/09
    BFP#1 - 9/2/10, EDD 5/14/11, Twins Hannah and Liam lost 11/7/10 @ 13w1d.
    BFP #2 - 2/9/11, EDD 10/13/11, LO lost 2/13/11 @ 5w4d
    BFP #3 - 5/9/11, DS born 1/13/12

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    ~*~My BFP Chart~*~Our Story~*~
    ~*~Labor Buddies with Sweet Turnip - Welcome Baby Girl 2/23/12 & Aluenna - Welcome Ivy 1/6/12~*~
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"