Cincinnati Babies

AW x2 and a ? about poop.

First- check out my new siggy pic, courtesy of the incredibly talented Jennifer Rose Photography.

Second- DS slept through the night for the first time last night! 1130pm-6am. He has never, never slept more than 3 hours at a time, and typically he wakes up every 2 hours. We decided to move him into his crib on Sunday night and it was actually pretty painless. I nurse him to sleep and then lay him in his crib- Sunday he went down at 8pm and woke at 11pm, 2am, 4am and 7am for the day. Last night, I put him down around 6pm and he woke once at 1115pm and then slept all night. Amazing!

My poop question- we started getting more serious about solids. Starting Saturday, I have been giving him a fruit in the morning and veggie in the afternoon. He isn't eating a whole lot of either, but has gone from pooping 3-4 times a day to pooping once a day. The poop is a lot thicker (I expected that) but is it normal for him to now only poop once per day? Sorry if tmi- just wanted to see if he's okay!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers image

Re: AW x2 and a ? about poop.

• Big Smile

now about the poop...it's totally normal. Nathan went from a few times a day to once a day and now he goes 2-3 days at a time and doesn't seem bothered by it at all

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • First: LOVE the picture.  Such a cute little baby butt.

Second: Do you feel like a new woman? Well rested?!  I hope this trend continues for you.

Third: We just started Asher on solids a few weeks ago and I was amazed at how quickly his poop changed. YUCK!  He only poops once a day now, so I assume it's normal :0)  Just recently he seemed to be a bit constipated so I added a bit of prune juice to his oatmeal and it really did the trick.  If Mason seems like he is having a hard time going it never hurts to let him have a bit of prune juice or prune baby food to help things out. Good Luck...the poop only gets yuckier and yuckier!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • No advice but I wanted to say that picture is so adorable!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Woohoo! 

DD1: Sep 10 / DD2: Nov 12 / Surprise LO3: Jul 14
  • 1. Honestly, that photo is to DIE! He's so adorable! LOVE!

2. Way to go, M! That is truly fantastic! It's really amazing what a good night's rest can do for everyone. Wink

RE:#2 - Yes, a change like that is fairly typical. Our pedi has always said, as long as they aren't straining to go, less frequent (within reason) BM's are no reason for concern.

• DRockHDRockH member

YAY! That is so exciting! We had the same luck with the crib, now she cant sleep with us at all, she fights it so bad.

I bet it also has to do with giving him food too. 

And def right about poops, she poops once a day... 

CONGRATS MAMA!

• Omigosh I may steal that idea for our next photo session!  That baby butt is too cute!

Way to go for sleeping through the night!  Hope it keeps up for ya!

I think we should collectively make a book called "Baby Poop" and discuss all the color changes, times a day changes and other fun info that we all have learned about baby poo- this way new moms know their kid is totally normal.  Why is baby poo so confusing?

image Momma to Ms. C age 16 months and Mr. C age 3 months!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"