Infertility Veterans
Options

H completely chickened out with trigger shot last night

This will be a looong journey with H not being able to do shots.  I was over at my parents last night because I had a feeling he wouldn't be able to do it.  Since it is so time sensitive, I wanted to make sure I had back-up.  It really didn't hurt at all, and I think that once H saw that I wasn't in pain and was just fine with it, he was okay with it.  He just gets so sick around needles.  I'm not sure he will ever get up the guts to do any of my shots. So I may be doing it on my own!

Anyone else have to do the PIO by themselves?

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: H completely chickened out with trigger shot last night

• Options
    i do all my shots myself.  Not because H is afraid of them but he doesn't want me to not be able to do them if he is not around.  Haven't done PIO yet, but I start next week.  Good luck.

~Lauren~
    **SAIF always welcome.**
    After 2+ years, 3 losses, 3 surgeries, 2 IVFs and 1 FET our little girl is here.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    my read shelf:
    Lauren (babystinkbreath)'s book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    Read in 2011: 56/55
    Read in 2012: 31/30
    Read in 2013: 1/25
    Follow Me on Pinterest

• Options
    I just replied to BabyStinkBreath's post about PIO.  It's really not bad at all...the thought of it is like 10,000 times worse than the actual injection. 

TTC Since 10/08 4 IUIs=BFNx4
    IVF#1=BFP!! Twins!!
    Bradley and Billy born and lost on 2/2/11 at 19w2d due to pPROM/PTL. I miss you, little angels.
    IVF#2=BFN
    IVF#3=c/p IVF#4=Empty Follicle Syndrome; 1 mature, fertilized, & made it to blast. 5dt of "the lone ranger" on 9/6. Please stick, little one! Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    DH did my trigger, but I did about half of my own PIO shots.  It's not nearly as bad as it sounds, especially if you have your nurse make targets for you to aim at.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I've done all of my shots myself, but for my upcoming IUI, my RE has me doing a shot in the rear which my DH is going to have to give to me.  I'm curious to see how it goes.
    Me: 27, DH: 28 TTC since 11/09
    2/10 & 3/10 Clomid 50mg-BFN
    5/10-Lap Surgery for Stage 2 Endo
    3/11-IUI#1 with Follistim and Menopur-developed mild OHSS= BFN
    6/11-IUI#2 with Follistim -developed moderate OHSS= BFN!
    7/11-FSH-11, AMH 1.6
    9/11-ttc naturally with positive thoughts :)
    10/6/11-POSITIVE pregnancy test!!! 15dpo BETA-220
    6/14/2012- Riley Harper arrived!! We love our little girl
    <a href="http://s532.photobucket.com/albums/ee324/exploshidad/?action=view
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"