2nd Trimester

Still hungry, just ate

I just had lunch at 12 and now I am starving. I was so full at lunch it was horrible but now I feel like I havent eaten in days. I had salad, lasagna and garlic bread. I know it says that we only need an extra 300 calories a day. I would like some advice on this please. I dont want to over eat or under eat. I dont think this is a good enough question to call my doctor about so I am looking for help from you guys. :)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Still hungry, just ate

• I feel like a complete idiot for asking this.... 

• Instead of eating 3 big meals, try having about 6 smaller meals. 3 main meals and then 3 snacks in between. I usually eat about every 2-3 hours and this tends to help keep the hunger down alot!
    ?imageLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • My OB says to eat something every 4 hours until bedtime. I am hungry all day long! Last night for dinner I ate a salad, a 10oz steak, a whole ear of corn, some watermelon, and mashed potatoes. And I was still hungry! It's been like this for a few weeks now, all I want to do all the time is eat! I try and find things that are small and healthy, like berries, that I can munch on for a while in between my bigger meals.

• You are not alone, I felt like my hunger was not normal too until reading so many posts on here.

Basicaly, your stomach doesn't have as much room to expand when you eat becaue the baby is taking up so much space. So eat small portions frequently. Eating snacks between meals doesn't satisfy me...It usualy has to be an actual meal or a substantial snack.

I have been eating breakfast and then by the time I'm driving to work I'm hungry again so I'll have a breakfast muffin or a breakfast sandwhich. Then I'll be hungry about an hour before normal lunch hour so I'll eat my lunch. Then I'll probably have a snack of cheese and crackers or a granola bar or something like that an hour or 2 later. Then about an hour or so before I head home, I'll have another small meal (like a frozen burrito or something similar in size). A Couple hours after I get home I have about half a normal dinner serving and then I'll have the other half about an hour before bed.

It sounds like a lot but you are eating in such small portions it is actually a fairly normal amount of food. I am 19 weeks and have not gained any weight yet in my pregnancy, I've actually lost 2 pounds.

Just be carefull of eating too much of the same thing. I found that chicken kept me full for a long period of time but after a month of eating chicken I am sick of it and never want to touch it again lol!

• If you are hungry then eat. You dont have to eat a huge meal. I was eating constantly in my 1st trimester but have tried to not overdo it more recently just so I dont gain too much. I just eat more frequently with snack in-between meals but try not to overdo it most of the time. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • imagebabybuckley:

You are not alone, I felt like my hunger was not normal too until reading so many posts on here.

Basicaly, your stomach doesn't have as much room to expand when you eat becaue the baby is taking up so much space. So eat small portions frequently. Eating snacks between meals doesn't satisfy me...It usualy has to be an actual meal or a substantial snack.

I have been eating breakfast and then by the time I'm driving to work I'm hungry again so I'll have a breakfast muffin or a breakfast sandwhich. Then I'll be hungry about an hour before normal lunch hour so I'll eat my lunch. Then I'll probably have a snack of cheese and crackers or a granola bar or something like that an hour or 2 later. Then about an hour or so before I head home, I'll have another small meal (like a frozen burrito or something similar in size). A Couple hours after I get home I have about half a normal dinner serving and then I'll have the other half about an hour before bed.

It sounds like a lot but you are eating in such small portions it is actually a fairly normal amount of food. I am 19 weeks and have not gained any weight yet in my pregnancy, I've actually lost 2 pounds.

Just be carefull of eating too much of the same thing. I found that chicken kept me full for a long period of time but after a month of eating chicken I am sick of it and never want to touch it again lol!

I have lost weight to, I went down 10 pounds. Good thing is now that I am almost 21 weeks I have gained at least 4 of it back. I eat fruit and snacks through out the day but I think your right. If I eat small meals through out the day will help. :) Thank you for the advice

• imagebabybuckley:

You are not alone, I felt like my hunger was not normal too until reading so many posts on here.

I have lost weight to, I went down 10 pounds. Good thing is now that I am almost 21 weeks I have gained at least 4 of it back. I eat fruit and snacks through out the day but I think your right. If I eat small meals through out the day will help. :) Thank you for the advice

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"