VBAC
Options

New to this board - Hoping to have a VBAC

A little background.. I had a wonderful pregnancy with my DS, who is now 4 years old.. I was 4cm weeks before my due date and went into labour 2 days past due.. My contractions were not that painful at first and when I met my midwife at the hospital at 11pm, I was 5-6 cm in no real pain yet.. She broke my water, hard labour hit right away and within 2 hours I was 10cm.. I pushed for 3 hours, but never really had the urge to push.. he just wouldn't come down.. They called in the OB and he ordered a c-section.  I had to wait 3 hours until the OR opened up to get a spinal..

All in all.. I know I can do it, my body did what it was supposed to do.. he just wouldn't come out!!  I feel I'm a great candidite for a VBAC, but family members think I should just have a scheduled c-section.. 

Anyway, I hope all the positive stories will help me gear up for this event!!

Re: New to this board - Hoping to have a VBAC

• Options
    Welcome to the board! Are you pregnant again already or just thinking ahead?
  • Options
    Sorry - I havent created a ticker yet.  I'm 14 weeks pregnant with my second, so almost 5 years between deliveries.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    iris427iris427 member
    Welcome to the board!  I also pushed for a while before my c/s.  I just had a VBAC 3 weeks ago. Good luck!

Big sister {September 2008} Sweet boy {April 2011} Fuzzy Bundle {ETA July 2014}

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

imageiris427:
    Welcome to the board!  I also pushed for a while before my c/s.  I just had a VBAC 3 weeks ago. Good luck!

Same here, I had a baby that was significantly larger than my first son. You are not alone!! :)

DS1 - Feb 2008

DS2 - Oct 2010 (my VBAC baby!)

• Options

Welcome!  I pushed forever with my 3rd and she was OP and Acynclitic so she never came down.  I am having a HBAC in September with #4. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"