3rd Trimester

Sharp cervical pain when walking

There I was today, pushing my cart around the food store, when this sharp pain stabbed me in the cervix/vagina area. It took my breath away for a few seconds. A few minutes later, it happened again. And again ? the whole time I was shopping. It was quite intense. I had to concentrate on keeping my face relaxed so the other shoppers didn't see me grimacing and get nervous. When I got in the car and sat down, it stopped.

So when I got home, I googled it and came up with the lovely term, "lightning crotch." Apparently, it's the baby's head bumping against my cervix. So, I guess she dropped. Anyone else experience this? How soon after the baby drops does one generally go into labor? I'm 34 weeks. Am I going to get lightning crotch every time I walk until I deliver? Egad!

Re: Sharp cervical pain when walking

• kjg5445kjg5445 member

i feel like the phrase "your officially in 3rd tri when you experience lightning crotch" should be the lead motto of this board.

its a terrible thing that is sent by Satan to torture women carrying giant watermelon-sized babies.

• You're definitely not alone! I've had this since week 28~. TMI warning: sometimes it literally feels like LO is trying to CLAW his way out Tongue Tied Wish I could offer some tips for relief but I haven't found any.... At least you're not alone in your misery thoughStick out tongue
  • Loading the player...
  • I don't think there is any tips other than waddle your pregnant behind to the nearest chair and sit down until the pain subsides.  And yes, they are sent directly from Satan.  I had a horrible bout of them when we were picking out paint at Home Depot yesterday, and then I sneezed a peed my pants a little.  Lovely.  Just lovely.  
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • You won't get it every time you walk until you deliver, just some times. I get it too and it comes and goes. Some days it feels like all day he's just bumping around, and others I don't feel it at all.
  • I have also had this for about 4-5 weeks now and it feels like the LO is poking my cervix like "hey, what is this??" it doesn't really hurt it is kind of like a shock lol
  • They come and go the last several weeks.  Doesn't mean a thing about going into labor.  By the way... they start earlier and are more intense the second time around.  At least for me they have been. :/
  • I am also 34 weeks and I have experienced this as well.  Mine comes and goes. I found that once I sit it seems to go away. You are def not alone and I am glad to find out so many others of you are going through this as well.
  • imageaussiebabies:
    You're definitely not alone! I've had this since week 28~. TMI warning: sometimes it literally feels like LO is trying to CLAW his way out Tongue Tied Wish I could offer some tips for relief but I haven't found any.... At least you're not alone in your misery thoughStick out tongue

Haha, DH and I call this the "prison shank" pain, because it feels like LO has whittled one, and is trying to stab his way through my cervix!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

And Then There Were Three...
    Married: 08/14/10
    Baby #1 Born: 06/18/11
    June Moms Blog
  • I started having the same thing last week. It is horrible! Definitely from Satan. When I was walking I found I had to grab the nearest thing to hang on to. 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I have these too! but they are here and gone so fast! but it does feel like a shock in my woman areas!! AWFUL!
    BabyName Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • really glad I saw this post cause I think that's whats going on with me and I was a little freaked out and didnt know what was going on. So as usual I consult the Bump first lol
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Thank you, ladies, for letting me know I'm not alone in this. It freaked me out until I found out what it was. It's quite painful. Almost as bad as the heartburn. Looking at my belly in the mirror, I am carrying considerably lower. Hmm. Wonder if I'll make it to July 12th.

Before you're pregnant, no one ever tells you: "Oh, and by the way, in your last month or so, it'll feel like your cervix is being zapped with electric shocks when you're out in public walking around. Don't scare the non-pregnant people near you by grabbing your belly and gasping." Yeah. Good times. 

• It's completely normal pain. Completely normal, gut-wrentching, drop to your knees pain. lol.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"