Food Allergy
Options

Question about oils

Do you stay away from the oils of the foods your LOs are allergic to?

We feed my daughter Pepperidge Farm 100% Whole Wheat bagels and noticed they changed their packaging and added Soybean Oil as the last ingredient.  My daughter is highly allergic to soy.  Would you stay away from the bagels now?  Thanks!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Question about oils

• Options

absolutely!  my son is allergic to soy and we accidentally gave him something with soybean oil in it (totally missed the ingredient) and he got two massive blisters on his head.

i would absolutely avoid soybean oil, especially if your LO is highly allergic to soy. My son's soy allergy isn't so bad and he still got blisters. 

I hate it when vendors change their packaging.  Really stinks.

• Options
    Yes.  I've had multiple doctors tell me that the oils pose no problem, and that may be true for most people.  But for me, consuming soy oil or lecithin is every bit as bad as consuming whole soy.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I would definitely stay away...esp if its a severe allergy. I dont let jacob eat anything cooked in peanut oil, just because idk what kind of reaction he would have. Hes not ana, but I still avoid.

Jacob Alexander 7/23/09
    Allergic to Dairy, Eggs and Peanuts Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Jameson Adam 6/1/11
    Allergic to Peas...so far Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    There's actually a thought that people with a severe peanut allergy CAN eat regular peanut oil, as long as it's not cold pressed, which is hard to come by because it is VERY expensive.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"