2nd Trimester
Options

NT Scan

Hi Ladies,

I had my NT scan on Friday of last week and the doctor said everything looks great!  She also said it looks like the baby is a boy. Did anyone find out the gender this early and the outcome change at week 18 or 20? Hubby and I are hoping for a girl but happy with healthy baby, just wondering if she could be wrong.

Thanks

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
BabyFruit Ticker 9/19/12: Miscarriage at 12wks due to Triploidy, D&C 9/24/12 - I will forever miss you my little angel

Re: NT Scan

• Options

Nope, I asked--they wouldn't even give me an "off the record" guess!!!

I was told at 12 weeks, the genitals look VERY similiar, so I'm curious as to why they even told you at this point--but I would definitely think it could be wrong....

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I wouldn't bank on anything at 12wks, like PP said they do look exactly the same- the only way to even remotely identify at that stage is based on the angle of the goods (highly inaccurate) wait and see what they say for your A/S. 

Spontaneous pregnancy #1
    DD1 July 31, 2011

Trying for #2 since Oct 11
    732973 Clomid Cycles
    2 IUIs 
    3 Fresh IVFs= 1 Ectopic treated with MTX
    Spontaneous pregnancy #2= Ectopic #2= lost left tube
    Spontaneous pregnancy #3= DD2 January 29, 2016
    Spontaneous pregnancy #4= Ectopic #3
    Spontaneous pregnancy #5= Baby #3 is a BOY!!! 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I've heard of people getting educated guesses at their NT scan, but our tech didn't even make mention of it - I was a little bummed!

AVT - 12.2.11

LCT - 5.15.14 ~ 9lbs, 22.5 inches

• Options
    My OB said the earliest he knows of a definitive sex determination is 16 weeks...so I wouldn't rule out girl quite yet. She has a 50/50 chance of being right.
  • Options
    Our tech at our NT scan wouldn't even take a guess for us (I asked, lol), it's just far too early to make a good guess she said.  They look so similar at that stage!
  • Options
    We had a boy guess at 12 weeks and it was confirmed as XY boy with cvs and saw boy parts again at 20 weeks.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"