Austin Babies
Options

NBR: The Happiness Project

I picked up this book from the library today and I'm wondering if anyone else here has read it or follows her website.

Thoughts on it?  It sounds like a neat thing to try out, but of course I'm only about 20 pages in, so we'll see. :)

Re: NBR: The Happiness Project

• Options

I got about 40 pages in, got annoyed with her and quit. It's still sitting on my nightstand.

But I felt the same way about the woman who wrote Eat, Pray, Love. I guess women who right books about how great they made themselves get on my nerves Embarrassed

I do like the idea of it. Now that I'm feeling better (I started it after Olivia was born), maybe I should try again. Now that I'm feeling more like taking care of myself.

• Options
    I read it slowly, like over the course of a couple of months, and loved it.  I really like the idea of increasing your happiness without changing any of your life circumstances, and to me, the way she tackled her own happiness project really made sense.  I liked that she explored and identified what made her feel happy and then broke those bigger ideas into smaller, manageable steps.  I haven't actually done my own "happiness project", but I really like the idea of it and I do find myself thinking about things a little differently since I started the book.  I actually think it would be a great book club choice because it would naturally facilitate very interesting discussion through everyone's individual interpretation.  I hope you enjoy it as much as I did!!
    Pregnancy Ticker

Kennedy Clover 7.14.08, Atalie Ryan 1.25.10
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"