May 2011 Moms
Options

Have you gotten the is it a boy or girl questions yet?

How can people see a little girl decked head to toe in a pink frilly dress, frilly socks, ect. and still ask if the baby is a boy or girl?  C was dressed in pink frills w/ a bow in her hair and this 20-30 something woman asked if she was a boy or girl. Sigh. I have no problem dressing boys in pink...but a DRESS and frilly socks and a BOW? Come on people use your brain!

Anyone have any good responses for that question?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Have you gotten the is it a boy or girl questions yet?

• Options
    iris427iris427 member
    People just say dumb things.  My daughter got mistaken for a boy no matter what she wore, until her hair got long.

Big sister {September 2008} Sweet boy {April 2011} Fuzzy Bundle {ETA July 2014}

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I've gotten it. Usually if Eliza doesn't have a bow on her head. I don't get it when they have bows and ruffles and stuff but there are some not so bright people in the world so I'm not surprised someone asked you that.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers

I lost my angels 07/2010, 04/2017, 10/2017

Meimsx no more
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I just use a firm voice that she is a girl. it amazes me that they ask even after I say her name is Caitlin Lilli... really what boy has ever used that name!!!

I think I get more annoyed with the is she warm enough cooments and they second that with is this your first child as if to say that I do not know if my child is cold like I am an incompetient fool...

Anniversary

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    I got that all the time with my daughter, too. She'd be all wrapped up in a pink blanket and people were asking if it was a boy or a girl. Now with my son, the other day someone said, "She's beautiful!" So I guess you get it either way. :)
  • Options
    We get the "aww, she's so pretty" comment a lot. Doesn't matter if he is dressed in obvious boy clothing. His nurse in the NICU constantly said "she" and "her" a lot when telling us about his status. He even had a blue nameplate with "it's a boy" over his bassinet in there and the name MADDOX in huge caps that the nurse made. 

...people constantly amaze me. 
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Premature Baby tickers ellie
  • Options
    darmcadarmca member
    I have an album on facebook called "Xander". A bunch of friends commented on one photo- "He's so cute" "He's so tiny" "Look at HIS eyes" etc. Then a more casual acquaintance writes "She's beautiful". I'm actually shocked- even if he' dressed in white, yellow or brown everyone who sees him seems to know he's a boy. I thought he looked like a boy, but just assumed that was the mommy in me.
  • Options

I got it a lot in the hospital. The nurse would ask if he was a boy or girl despite the fact a sticker in his bassinet read "Breastfed Boy"...

I just gave a stupid look and said HE's a boy

1ht

Trenton Elijah born three weeks early due to pre-e on April 14, 2011. Weighing 6lbs 6.3oz, 18 inches long.

Cameron Jacob (CJ) came early @ 25w4d on November 16, 2012 due to placenta abruption and incompetent cervix . Weighing 1lb 15.5oz, 14 inches long. 

Expecting a winter baby. Stay put LO!
  • Options

You could just tell them you are keeping the sex a secret.

I have had people ask. I just smile and tell them it's a girl. Some people just don't pay attention to what DD is wearing. My DD is pretty much bald and could probably pass for a boy if she wasn't dressed in pink all the time. I guess I'm just not bothered by people asking. IMO it's better than them just assuming.  

Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I've only gotten it once when Evelyn was in a yellow/green stripped onesie. Even though she does not have much hair, I guess DD just looks like a little baby girl.
  • Options
    Eh, I figure babies are hard to tell gender wise when they are this little.  Doesn't bother me a bit.  I just tell them, "oh, she's a girl."  I don't get it much though.  We don't normally leave the house without a bow in.  He he.
  • Options

That's happened to us quite a few times already, ha ha!

One of the lactation consultants actually thought Olivia was a boy. We were still in the hospital and her (very pink) "It's A Girl" card was in the front of the bassinet where she was laying down. Indifferent

When we were at the grocery store with her a few days ago, a little 6-year old girl said, "He or she is very cute". I thought that was sweet because she's the only one who has commented without assuming she was a boy or a girl.

I figure it's going to happen because it does with nearly everyone's baby, not to mention that Olivia looks a lot like her father. I have no problem correcting people nicely until it's obvious.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

We haven't gotten the question, but we've had a lot of people refer to him as "her" or "she" and I always have to correct them.

• Options
    elisbuelisbu member

We dress her in pink and I guess no one has really made that mistake, yet.

But it drove me nuts when she was in the hospital(2nd time) and the doctors all called her 'he'. Did you read the chart?????

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"