Trouble TTC

fertility clinics in Toronto?

Hi Everyone,

I posted on here a couple of weeks ago about our troubles conceiving and you were all great. We went to the urologist (sp?) on Friday, things are still not good. My husbands count is still very low even after the varicocele surgery he had in dec. ( it will be 2 years in Sept. that we have been trying).  He has referred us to a fertility clinic,however in this province they dont offer as many options. I am wondering if any of you have any experience with clinics in Toronto? We have family there so that could be option for us to seek a clinic.

If anyone has any suggestions I would love to hear them.

Thank you so much!!!!!

Re: fertility clinics in Toronto?

• tosh24tosh24 member

https://www.lifequestivf.com/

I used this clinic with a doctor (Dr. Redmond) who was an affiliated RE. She wasn't employed directly by this clinic but was located in the same building and shared procedure space and staff with the clinic. I was referred to her as one of the best REs in the province. I hear the doctors at the actual clinic are good too....and the clinic has a really successful IVF rate, if you are concerned with that. The clinic also has a second location just north of the city in Thornill if you don't want to travel downtown in the mornings in rush hour.

I have nothing but good things to say about the clinic, Dr. Redmond, and her nurse. All very compassionate and not pushy. They let you do things in your own time.

There is also a newer clinic called Northern Fertility that is run out of Southlake Hospital in Newmarket (I have no info on this clinic as far as success since it's fairly new). I have also heard good things about the REs associated with the Markham-Stouffville hospital, and my doctor said a lot of patients have success there as well. I hope that covers off a broad enough area since I'm not sure where your family is located!

Good luck!

Me: 35 I DH: 38
    *TW loss and children mentioned*
    DD:2006 | Dx: Unexplained Secondary Infertility | DS: 2011

TFAS since 2012

Oct 16: Spontaneous BFP | m/c @ 9w1d (massive SCH) | D&C
    Apr 17: IUI #1 = BFN
    May 17: IUI #2 = BFN
    Jun 17: IUI #3 = Late BFP (18 DPO) | NMC 17Jul17 @ ~6w
    Aug 17: IUI #4 = Cancelled due to premature ovulation | TI = BFN
    Sep 17: IUI #5 = Cancelled due to overstimulation (10+ follies)
    Nov 17: IVF #1 = Cancelled due to non-IF related health issue | TI = BFN
    Dec 17: IVF #1 = Puregon 200, Menopur 75, Orgalutran, Suprefact trigger due to OHSS risk | 22R, 18M, 16F, 10B frozen  
    Feb 18: FET #1 (medicated) = BFN
    Mar 18: FET #2 (natural cycle) = CP (beta 1: 54; beta 2: 0)
    Apr 18: FET #3 (natural cycle) = cancelled due to missed ovulation
    Apr 18: FET #3 (natural cycle) = BFP! Beta 1: 201  Beta 2: 585 Beta 3: 3254 Beta 4: 9715 U/S 19May - one bean measuring on track with a HB of 125!
    EDD: 07Jan2019 Team Green
    My Rainbow Baby Boy born 03Jan2019 <3 

• ::Dropping in from IF::

Is your family right downtown Toronto or in the suburbs?  I am at a suburban facility in Burlington  https://www.onefertility.com/.  I really like it here.  I don't know what province you are coming from or where exactly your family lives, but just a heads up that the GTA has HORRIBLE traffic in the mornings so you will want to pick a clinic that is as close as possible to your family so that you don't have to sit on the highway for hours at a time.

Good Luck!!

me 33/DH 36
    ttc since 10/2008; d/x: mild MFI, stageII endo
    ~~PAIF/SAIF Welcome~~
    11 IUI’s = 1 m/c (7w4d)
    IVF#1 January 2012 BFN, FET #1 April 2012 BFN
    Surprise BFP October 2012 m/c (7w), Surprise BFP April 2013 m/c (6w4d)
    IVF #2: July 2013, ET 1 embryo 7/18, beta 1 @ 14dp3dt - 757, beta 2 @ 16dp3dt - 1762
    U/S 1 @ 6w4d = 1 little frogger with HB of 118, U/S 2 @ 7w3d measuring right on track with HB of 160
    Stick Frogger Stick! Please!!!!!!!!!!!!!   It's a Girl, EDD April 7, 2014

BabyFruit Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Hi,

Thanks guys, didn't get too many respones on this one! We live in Newfoundland, so I was just seeking out places in Toronto & Halifax. I really have no clue what I'm doing and very stressed about it.

Thanks for your advice though!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"