Breastfeeding

Low milk supply and less on one side??

I take Fenugreek pills and drink Mother's milk tea all day and still don't produce enough!! My son has a milk protein allergy so I can't have any dairy or soy products. I was hoping to stop breastfeeding at 6 months, but he hates the Alimentum and Nutramigen formula. I try mixing with my milk and he's not a huge fan.

When I first started breastfeeding my left side produced most of the milk and now it's the opposite! When I pump my right side will produce like 4-5oz while my left is lucky to get 2oz. What happened? What can I do? If they both produced I wouldn't have to stress and pump all day!!

Please help

Re: Low milk supply and less on one side??

• Are you only pumping?

If I was worried about my supply, I would call the LC at my hospital.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I am working so I mostly pump. I do nurse in the morning when I actually have enough milk....
  • Loading the player...
  • I know it's hard when you are working, but if there is any way you can nurse more often, that should increase your supply.  Maybe right when you get home from work or at bedtime?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • You only nurse in the morning?  What about when you get home from work?  Before bed?  During the night? 

My supply was dropping so I started on domperidone, which is helping, but I still nurse four or five times a day while working and pump three times a day.  Your supply might be less if you're not nursing because the baby is more effective than the pump.
    imageLilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"