Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

Returning w/another loss

Not sure where to post this as I feel like there may be more people I know on this board then the loss board. Last week I went in for spotting, which I had been having on and off (all checked with u/s), but this time it was red. The baby's heart had stopped a week before. Since the bleeding was picking up I had to go in for a D&E. I am still in a state of shock and numbness and neither of us can really understand why or how this happened again.I am really hoping that we get some answers and if not more testing. So far it's all been normal so I am not sure what it will solve.

Background: Prior to DS we had an early m/c and in my niave state I grieved and thought little of it happening again. Then we lost Nicholas in a cord accident at 28 wk (at least that is the best medical diagnosis). After waiting 5 months we tried again only to have another blighted ovum. I cannot believe we are back here and I just don't know how much more we can handle.

image Nicholas loved for 28 weeks, 4/11/10
Baby Boy loved for 15 weeks, 5/31/11
Baby Girl loved for 16.5 weeks. 3/1/12

Re: Returning w/another loss

• I am so sorry....

I totally understand... I am going through my second early miscarriage & never really thought I'd experience another after my first... all of the doctors, friends & family told me that 1 is normal & next time will be fine... I assumed they were right... I was nervous finding out I was pregnant, but tried my best to stay positive... it happened again.... I don't know how I'll be able to keep it together trying again, but at the same time I want nothing more than to have a child with my husband... & it's hard for me when people say "God makes miracles" & the like... sure, I beleive that He does, but why has this happened not once, but twice?? where's my miracle?? I know this thinking is unhealthy & even selfish, but I can't help it~ it's how I feel... my doctor is going to begin testing after my levels return to normal, but that scares me too... what if he can't find anything wrong & it happens again??

I know I'm not very positive, but can totally relate to how you are feeling... try to keep your head up & do things that make you happy... that's what I'm trying to do... I just started a book called "Life's Healing Choices" by Rick Warren... so far, it is helping me to at least turn to God, even though a part of me is mad at Him... it's part of the Celebrate Recovery program which I went through after my first loss & turned my life back around... I'm hoping it will work again... & wishing you recovery as well (physically & emotionally)... :)

• MrsJCMrsJC member
    I'm so sorry for your losses.
    BFP #1 1/27/11, EDD 10/7/11, D&C 3/29/11 @ 12w4d
    BFP #2 5/19/11, EDD 1/20/12, Natural miscarriage 6/2/11 @ 6w6d
    Dx 2 copies of MTHFR reductase DNA mutation (C677T & A1298C) June 2011
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm so sorry for your loss! I've only been through this once and cannot imagine what you are going through right now.

My new bff Gayle Forman!

• I'm so sorry for your losses. None of this is fair. I hope you can get some answers.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm so sorry for your losses. huge hugs
    TTC#1 
    BFP 2/14/11, missed m/c 9 weeks. d&e 3/24/11
    BFP 12/10/11 d&e at 13wk+4days 2/17/12
    Dx with Balanced Robertsonian Translocation (13;14) moving on to IVF w/ PGD
    IVF #1 (May 2012) 13R, 10F, 5 blasts, ONE NORMAL frozen no transfer
    IVF #2 (July 2012) 17R, 8F, 5  blasts, ONE NORMAL 6dt on 7/12/2012- c/p
    IVF #3 (Sept. 2012) 39R, 25F, 13 blasts,  3 NORMALS! Freeze-all due to high E2.
    FET #1 10/23- 2 expanded blasts, Beta #1 11/1- 113, Beta #2 11/4-351, Beta #3 11/7- 1213
    Hailey Michelle born July 12, 2013

TTC #2 
    FET -1/14- c/p
    IVF #4 (Feb 2014)- 49R, 28F, 13 blasts, 7 NORMALS! eSET of a normal blast on 2/24/14, 6 frosties.
    Beta #1 3/4/14- 105. Beta #2 3/7/13- 397 EDD-11/11/14. 1st u/s 3/20- 6w2d lil' bean with 120hb. 7w0d- lil bean's hb was 144. Graduated from RE 3/25/14.
      Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"