Maryland Babies
Options

Ouch!! Shooting Pains in Right Breast

Ugh.  Nothing looks off and I don't feel sick otherwise - but after 9 months of BFing without issues I'm suddenly having "bring me to my knees" level shooting pains on my right side.  Nursing brings some relief but otherwise it's killing me. 

I just called DS's doctor's office and, after describing it to the woman at the front desk in detail she said, "okay, so, do you breastfeed?"  No lady.  I just regularly call my son's pediatrician to talk about my boobs.  Lol

lovelylittleworld
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
BFP#2 1/12/12 ~ Missed M/C 8w2d

Re: Ouch!! Shooting Pains in Right Breast

• Options
    Oh no, I hope you get some relief soon!     I don't want to scare you but Hand, Foot and Mouth disease is going around at my daughter's daycare.  Does LO have a fever, a rash on his hands oo feet or thrush?  If so, he could have possible passed HFMD on to you.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imageRagdolls:

I just called DS's doctor's office and, after describing it to the woman at the front desk in detail she said, "okay, so, do you breastfeed?"  No lady.  I just regularly call my son's pediatrician to talk about my boobs.  Lol

LOL 

When I had mastitis when DH had just turned 1 year, all the symptoms started at once. The breast pain, the body aches/ head ache, fever. Does it hurt all the time or just when you touch it? Perhaps it is a clogged duct?

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Is there a hospital near you with LCs that have a warm line?

I would think if it's thrush both boobs would be hurting.  When I had thrush, it felt like someone was scraping broken glass across my nipples.

Is the pain just on one part of your breast?  If so, that could be a clogged duct.  You can try repositioning Maddox (changing holds) and I've heard that can help unclog it.  Or pump pump pump.

I hope it's not HFM.  That just sounds like it would be MISERABLE.

Whatever it is, I hope you get relief soon!

Laura & Jim ~ July 10, 2004
    miscarriage on 11/26/09 at 5w6d
  • Options

Thanks ladies.  My wonderful pediatrician called me back and neither of us thinks it sounds like mastitis or thrush - I feel fine otherwise and nothing seems to be wrong with Maddox other than being miserable over cutting his first tooth tonight. 

That's actually a really good point about a clogged duct.  For some reason I hadn't thought of that.  It's definitely in one spot, just a horrible shooting pain that comes and goes - and has nothing to do with whether it's being touched.  Will try some different holds, pump pump pump, and see what a bath/shower might do to help.  Thanks!!!

lovelylittleworld
    BFP#2 1/12/12 ~ Missed M/C 8w2d
  • Options
    I hope it gets better quickly! I've had clogged ducts and had mastitis once - it is horrible. If you are not feeling feverish, it is most likely a clogged duct. You have my sympathy either way.

• Options
    It does sound like a clogged duct. In addition to the other suggestions...also massaging it will help.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    It sounds like a clogged duct. That is what it felt like. I remember being out with DH and actually massaging it while we were sitting at the table to eat. Maybe not the most appropriate thing but it hurt. After about 3 days of massage, pumping and nursing it went away. While I was having the pain, I tried to nurse on that side first everytime, followed by pumping.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"