Stay at Home Moms
Options

Busy Box

DS loves taking stuff out and putting things back in (like his cloth diapers, the stuff in my nightstand, etc) so I want to make a busy box that I can change the stuff in it every now and again. What's in yours? (I ask only because I think one of everything we have in this house is currently in his playhouse, on the playmat or hidden in his play grill, lol) Maybe you all have ideas I haven't thought of!

Re: Busy Box

• Options

We have what we call a treasure basket. I keep random stuff in there that I change every week, it is all stuff that may contain different censor stuff from around the house (a spoon, a soft cloth, a sachet that smells good, a rough ball, etc...).

This week we started dong themes for it, thi week I did a "woodland garden" theme. I put a stuffed owl, my eye mask that smells like flowers, a flower dish, a tiny jar that had acorns, and a smooth piece of wood.It is all age appropriate and just stuff I found around the house.

Also check out sensory tubs!

https://countingcoconuts.blogspot.com/search/label/Sensory Tubs

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker>

• Options

I've been making different in and out activities. The girls have loved: putting q-tips in a parmesan cheese shaker; putting dry pasta in empty water bottles; putting straws in puffs containers with holes in the lid. I also have an open/close bag with things that open and close - jewelry boxes of different sizes, metal tins, small purse, etc.

Google Tot School and Tot Trays and there are lots of ideas!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I let DD fill my muffin tin with different things. She liked putting crayons in a lot. Sometimes I give her dehyrdated apples, carrots, and other snacks to take things in and out.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"