November 2011 Moms

Hard lump when I press my stomach every morning, anyone else is experiencing the same?

Every morning, when I wake up I feel a somewhat hard lump when I press my stomach. The lump goes away after a couple minutes and it is not always in the same spot or position. My husband and I think that it is the baby and he kisses my tummy. I am 15 weeks 5 days!!!!

Wondering it we are nuts for thinking it's the baby, or has anyone else experience the same?

Re: Hard lump when I press my stomach every morning, anyone else is experiencing the same?

• This is my 3rd pregnancy and I think you're safe to assume that it's the baby. I knew exactly where he/she was last night when I put my hand on my belly b/c I could feel the hard lump and if I pushed on it the lump would move and squirm!!

Kiss away!

Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage
  • AAAwwwh Erica, thank you... I look for it every morning :) 
  • Loading the player...
  • I feel a lump but since it goes away after I pee, I realized it is just my bladder :). Darn.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • jjabs18jjabs18 member
    I don't have the lump in the morning I usually get it in the afternoon. Sunday the baby was laying on my left side the whole day and I could feel two large lumps one parallel to my belly button and one about 2 inches lower. It isn't always there so I assumed it is the baby. I'm waiting for when I push on her and she squirms away though, right now she continues to hang out there.
    12/10 Dx with high levels antisperm antibodies (female)
    IVF#1 Jan/Feb 2011 Lupron Follistim 1/29
    ER 2/10 28 Retrieved 21 Fertilized w/ICSI
    ET 2/15 Transferred 2 beautiful embryos, 10 frosties
    Beta #1 2/24-141~Beta #2 2/28-1007
    1st u/s HB 116 2nd u/s HB 133
    Photobucket
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • avaleiavalei member
    Yup, it's baby. Some of it may be bladder pushing baby up, and some may be baby pushing intestines up (as mine seems to not always be the same size, I think at least some of it is poo/gas in intestines!). But it's definitely baby in there! I've felt it since around 11 weeks. I was thinking it was more just intestines, until we went in for the 12 week appt and the dr had to use the u/s to find baby, because it was up higher than she thought it was going to be - right up where I'd been feeling the hard lump! I definitely find it's higher up in the mornings.
    imageimageimage
    Anniversary
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Thank you so much for sharing your experiences with me girls, I will be seeing my doc in 3 weeks but until then it's feels great to feel the baby every morning when I wake up
  • Speaking of this, how far is baby's range of motion? Like, I'm curious how big the uterus at this time. Is it normal to be feeling baby on one side of the belly one moment and a couple of seconds later on the other side?(I haven't had an ultrasound yet, so I guess I'm thinking about twins.) Like, the baby moves especially when I sneeze. Right after I sneeze I feel movements on both the left and right side. Is this normal?

I also get the bump in the afternoon--usually on the left side. I never noticed that it moved, but I did always wonder why it was a hard bump there one minute and then not the next!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"