Cincinnati Babies

What's for dinner?

I need ideas.

Our stove is out of commission and our fridge is curently in the living room. (hooked up, but not convienient to cooking)

So, I need dinner ideas.

We can grill, and I guess I could use the crockpot- but all the recipes I have seem to heavy...

What are you making? I need inspiration!

Re: What's for dinner?

• Shish-ka-bobs (sp?) are always my favorite on the grill. You get meat and veggies all on a stick...what's not to like:)

Pulled pork in the crock-pot. That won't be too heavy. You could get a pasta salad from the store and cut up some fruit for the sides.

Photos taken by Becky Thompson
  • on my phone so no paragraphs. this week we are having grilled chicken ceasar salad, cobb salad, shrimp skewers, grilled salmon with asparagus, and trukey burgers. everything on the grill or just pulled straight from the fridge. im refusing to really cook this week. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Katie: 1/16/08 2lbs. 15oz.
    Abby & Emily: 12/31/10 6lbs. 2oz. & 5lbs. 7oz.
  • Loading the player...
  • You could do Taco Chicken or Skinny Taste's Barbacoa in the crockpot.

We are having Spaghetti with meat sauce, chimichangas, and quesadillas this week.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We did grilled chicken fajitas on Saturday, Charlie used a spice rub, then grilled the chicken, peppers, and tortillas. Last night he did grilled cajun tuna and we had mangoes on the side. We don't inside-cook a lot when it's hotter than balls.
    Charlie 8.06.08
    Emeline 5.28.13

My Blog

Post-Baby PRs
    Esri 5K 7.16.2014 - 21:30
    Heart Half Marathon 3.16.2014 - 1:43:30
    Canton City Marathon 9.8.14 - 3:30:56
  • imagejerseygirl81:
    We don't inside-cook a lot when it's hotter than balls.

HA! This is us, too. Last night, we had grilled chicken (with a spice rub and a homemade mango/pepper salsa topping), spicy grilled sweet potato chips, corn on the cob, and a chipotle salad (with corn/black beans). B loves his "Grilling Bible" cookbook (but if you call it a cookbook, to his face, he might throat punch you).

• You ladies always make me feel like such a slacker in the kitchen! I am lucky to throw together a few meals a week. Other than that it's cereal or a frozen pizza or takeout! I am so tired by the time I get home from work at 6:30 I am just not interested in food. I need a live in chef. We would be so much healthier if I had that!
    6/28/10: Lost our sweet baby Addyston at 18wk 1day to pPROM 7/24/11: Michael William born at 24wk 2d due to IC after an emergent cerclage at 18wks, 4wk home BR and 2 weeks hospital BR. Grow strong our little Miracle! 9/17/11: Michael joined his sister in heaven after 8 amazing weeks with us on earth. He fought a very hard fight but NEC was too much for him in the end. Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I am feeling tired and lazy this week which isnt a good sign since the week is just beginning but we are doing: grilled bbq chicken drumsticks, potato salad & homemade broccoli/coleslaw mix, swiss chicken with rice & salad (this is probably a bad idea since our oven makes our house hotter than hades but whatever), we are having a bbq/going away party at our house on thurs so just hamburgers/hot dogs and other sides, frozen pizza & salad and spaghetti w/ meat sauce, salad and garlic bread
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • imageTtimes3:

HA! This is us, too. Last night, we had grilled chicken (with a spice rub and a homemade mango/pepper salsa topping), spicy grilled sweet potato chips, corn on the cob, and a chipotle salad (with corn/black beans). B loves his "Grilling Bible" cookbook (but if you call it a cookbook, to his face, he might throat punch you).

Does he have the Steve Raichlen book? Charlie LOVES his books.

Charlie 8.06.08
    Emeline 5.28.13

My Blog

Post-Baby PRs
  • I am hoping to get our new grill assembled this week so we can start using it. It is hot hot hot out there. We might have fish or chicken on the grill. I need to get my meal plans together.

elly says opa has an amazing chicken pita recipe that uses the grill. You can serve that with hummus and veggies on the side.

Make a foil packet with veggies (zucchini, peppers, onions, etc), salt, pepper, EVOO, lemon juice, garlic and a piece of fish. YUM!

• imagejerseygirl81:
    imageTtimes3:

No, he doesn't have the one by Steve Raichlen (although, thanks for the tip - sounds like a good idea for Father's Day!). My sister bought this one for him, the Christmas before last.

• imageTtimes3:
    imagejerseygirl81:
    imageTtimes3:

No, he doesn't have the one by Steve Raichlen (although, thanks for the tip - sounds like a good idea for Father's Day!). My sister bought this one for him, the Christmas before last.

I bet if you buy him the Grilling Bible and the big book of marinades and sauces (can't remember exact title), he'll cook for the rest of the summer :)

Charlie 8.06.08
    Emeline 5.28.13

My Blog

Post-Baby PRs
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"