Pre-School and Daycare
Options

WDYT: Food or not?

I'm confused by this birthday party invite (evite) we received. It's for an 8 yo boy. The party is from 1-3, which in my understanding is code for cake only (no food). However, the description says "Please join us for games, food, and fun!" What do you think? I'm still assuming no lunch of any sort, but perhaps snacks? My friend is rather flaky about these things, as well as frugal, so I'm guessing she isn't serving food, but just didn't think to phrase it differently.

I suppose I should just ask, huh? ;) 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: WDYT: Food or not?

• Options
    jsugrinjsugrin member
    Based on the invite I would expect lunch type food, based on what you say about your friend I would ask myself how does this effect myself and the kids?  So if you eat ahead of time and then there is food, will DS stuff himself and get sick or simply be full and not care, if you don't eat and then there isn't really food your options are A. don't care that the kid and/or you have a lunch of cake one day or B. pack some solid snacks (cheese and crackers, apples, a little container of peanut butter) and be ready to take DS aside to eat a bite or if it's fine sit him down with his food and if asked just say he didn't want to eat earlier so you brought him some snacks.
  • Options

I would guess its snack type foods: chips, fruit, veggie/cheese/meat plate, crackers, etc.  

I would feed my child an actual lunch (because they eat at 11am anyway) and let that be snack.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I always put that on our invites but I also always serve a full lunch.  I would ask but it sounds to me like there will be food.
    Mom to Harmon 1/17/08 and twins Rachel & Callum 8/28/09 Photobucket 29o0v13.jpg
  • Options
    imageshopgirl78:

I would guess its snack type foods: chips, fruit, veggie/cheese/meat plate, crackers, etc.  

I would feed my child an actual lunch (because they eat at 11am anyway) and let that be snack.  

This. I would guess snack type foods. We had DD1's party from 1-3 this year. We had fruit, chips, goldfish and veggie tray for snacks while the kids swam. Then we had cake. No lunch.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"