Pregnant after a Loss
Options

Trying not to get excited-Temp. question

So I use an O-kit so I know I O'd last Thur. or Fri. for sure. Now I am looking at every little thing that happens to my body and thinking it might be a symptom of being preggo. Well today my temp. went up. It's usually like 97 degrees but today it was like 98.9, which is a lot higher than usual. Although, yesterday it was 97, so not sure if that means anything or it can take a few days after implantation to rise. Also, my nipples (TMI) are slightly sensitive. I'm really trying not to get my hopes up but I am. Anyone know how long it usually takes your temp to rise after implantation?

Re: Trying not to get excited-Temp. question

• Options
    One high temp doesn't mean anything.  I always got high temps if I drank whiskey, but not if i drank vodka or tequila :P  You need 3 days of higher temps to confirm O anyhow, so you would be just getting to the point of confirming if your Od of thursday or friday.  I thought your temp was supposed to dip with implantation anyhow (though not with everyone, just some people), which won't happen until about 7 days after O. It's been a long time since I temped so the details are foggy. Have you gone through the tutorials on fertility friend? They are very informative. 
    imageimage
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Just an FYI - you can get a +OPK and still never actually O

It sounds like you were temping as well, so I am assuming that in addition to the +OPK you also saw a temp shift to confirm O?

Anyway...

The link to my chart is in my siggy. Looking at my chart, implantation probably happened around 8DPO after which you can sort of see another temp shift around 9, 10 and 11DPO.

However, not all BFP charts are triphastic and so it is still totally possible to be pg without seeing another temp shift.

If you did in fact O last Thursday or Friday and are therefore only 4-5DPO, then it is probably a little too early for implantation (not impossible, but unlikely). Implantation wont occur until after the blastocyst hatches, which doesn't even usually occur until 5, 6 or 7DPO. So you can therefore typically expect implantation to occur somewhere around 7, 8 or 9DPO and sometimes even later if you have a late implanter.

Here are some good charts to visualize the timing of the process:

Only time will tell, good luck and hope to see you over here soon!

* PAL/PgAL Bumpie & NBC-Twi Nestie * imageBloggity Blog BFP #1 in 2001 ? natural m/c @ 9w4d ? TTC our first since 2009 ? BFP #2 on 8/25/2010 ? natural M/C @ 7w6d on 9/25/2010 Clomid cycle #1 @ 50mg = BFP #3 on 1/1/11 ~ EDD 9/14/2011!!! Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

This early, it's impossible to tell.

With both my last pg and this one, I didn't get a second rise after implantation--I had a small implantation dip and then went back to my post-O levels. And this pg my temps have been pretty low post BFP. I don't know that I am normal in this case, though. Most people I believe have either fairly steady post-O temps (including after implantation) or a gradual rise post-O, without a jump at implantation. Some people have a triphasic rise, where they get another ~.4 degree jump post-implantation, but this can also happen in cycles where you aren't pg. Implantation generally occurs 7-12DPO.

Hope that helps!

BabyFruit Ticker}
  • Options
    It is impossible for you to be experiencing any pregnancy symptoms yet, since implantation doesn't even occur until 7-10 dpo. Also, your temps will continue to rise after O whether you are pregnant or not, due to the increase of progesterone during the luteal phase. And FWIW, I never saw an implantation dip or a significant temp shift any cycle I was pregnant.
    TTC since January 2010
    BFP 5/9/10. U/S - no heartbeat 6/2/10 (7 weeks). Induced miscarriage 6/7/10.
    Chemical pregnancies 12/2/10, 1/3/11, and 2/7/11.
    dx: RPL due to poor quality uterine lining; begin progesterone January 2011
    BFP 3/10/11. EDD 11/19/11. E arrived 11/15/11!

Loss Blog | Life Blog

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"