Trouble TTC
Options

BFN again... not a fun memorial day. (TMI)

This was my first round of Clomid. I really really really thought I was pregnant this time. I waited until 14 days past ovulation to test (memorial day) and it was a BFN. SAD!!!

So I expected my period to start that day. My period always starts 13-14 DPO. But all I got was a few pink spots. Hardly anything. So I was expecting it to be today? but all I?ve had was a few darker pink spots. The last time I went to the bathroom, nothing at all! So I was just confused and I?m wondering if this has happened to anyone else on Clomid? Is your period super slow to start? Usually once I get those few pink spots, it?s time to load up on the feminine products cuz the flood is coming!! But this time, it?s hardly anything.

Also, I?ve had very thick, pinkish, almost clumpy discharge. Never had that before either! What the heck is going on? Can anyone shed some light?

Thanks!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: BFN again... not a fun memorial day. (TMI)

• Options
    KateBeeKateBee member
    Are you being monitored? When I did Clomid I didn't get a period because it had thinned my lining so much. 
  • Options

Sorry about your BFN. Unfortuneately Clomid can lengthen your LP. I had a 16 day LP on my first month of Clomid, even though my LP is usually only 12 days.

TTC #1 since Oct 2009, Dx: Unexplained Infertility
    HSG: Right tube all clear, left tube inconclusive
    3 failed Clomid Cylces
    4/5 lap revealed blocked left tube, but right tube is open
    April/May- 50 mg Clomid + Ovidrel + IUI #1= CANCELLED left ovary ovulating
    June 1- 100 mg Clomid + Ovidrel + IUI #1 = BFN
    June 28- 100 mg Clomid + Ovidrel + IUI #2 =BFP!
    7/12 Beta #1= 14 Beta #2= >5 Chemical Pregnancy :(
    July-Nov long break to recover emotionally and financially
    Nov 24- 100 mg Clomid + Ovidrel + IUI #3= BFN
    Jan 22- Gonal-F + Ovidrel + IUI# 4 = CANCELLED no response on right
    IVF #1- Start stims 4/7, ER 4/20, 21R, 14F, 6 frosties, ET 4/25, 2 embryos transferred= BFN :(
    FET #1- June 2012, Lurpon starts 5/27- CANCELLED
    FET #1 take 2- August 2012, delayed until Sept-CANCELLED
    FET #1 take 3- ET 10/11, 2 embryos transferred,= BFFN
    FET #2- Transfer 12/4--Cancelled, no embies survived thaw :(
    Next steps-- IVF #2 with new RE in March
    HOLY SURPRISE BFP 2/15/13!!!! Beta 1- 286, Beta 2- 782, First Ultrasound 2/25- baby in uterus & all looks good!

BabyFruit Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Clomid can give you a cyst that will keep your period away.  Make sure you get an ultrasound of your ovaries before you begin another clomid cycle.

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle. -Philo

Baby N conceived after 1 miscarriage and more than 2 years of TTC. Diagnosis was low sperm count. We found success after 3 months of anastrozole to increase DH's testosterone and one IUI.
    Some charts AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

I'm stupid. You're smart. I was wrong. You were right. You're the best. I'm the worst. You're very good-looking. I'm not attractive. - Happy Gilmore
  • Options

Sorry, not trying to hijack this post, but I have a follow-up questions. For the gals that said it lengthened your LP was that due to O'ing earlier or actually lengthening your period? Just curious! :)

IVF #1 w/ ICSI 9/2012 (10M 6F), ET 9/24 (1 good pre-blast), BETA 10/4= BFN,
    IVF #2 Microflare w/ ICSI 12/2012 (19M 7F), ET 12/16 (2 Good blasts),
    BETA 12/26= BFP (356), BETA 12/28 (840) 2nd Ultrasound shows TWINS!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    So would you suggest talking to my Doctor about the symptoms and seeing what he thinks I should do? Do I need to insist on an ultrasound?
  • Options
    imageNDGOIRISH:

Sorry, not trying to hijack this post, but I have a follow-up questions. For the gals that said it lengthened your LP was that due to O'ing earlier or actually lengthening your period? Just curious! :)

It can cause higher progesterone levels, which in turn lengthens the LP.

OP--I had really light periods after clomid because it thinned my lining so much. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    TTC #1 since 2009 with unexplained infertility
    IUI#1-4 Jan.-Apr. 2011 = BFNs
    IVF#1 Aug. 2011 = c/p, FET #1 Nov. 2011 = c/p, FET #2 April 2012 = BFP!
    Beta #1 = 153, Beta #2 = 269, Beta #3 = 675
    1st U/S = TWINS!! EDD 12/29/12
    my blog: Journey to Somewhere
    ~~PAIFW/SAIFW~~
    Photobucket
    April IVF Spring Chicks

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    imagetst1998:
    imageNDGOIRISH:

OP--I had really light periods after clomid because it thinned my lining so much. 

Thank you! Big Smile

IVF #1 w/ ICSI 9/2012 (10M 6F), ET 9/24 (1 good pre-blast), BETA 10/4= BFN,
    IVF #2 Microflare w/ ICSI 12/2012 (19M 7F), ET 12/16 (2 Good blasts),
    BETA 12/26= BFP (356), BETA 12/28 (840) 2nd Ultrasound shows TWINS!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imagekarleejo:
    So would you suggest talking to my Doctor about the symptoms and seeing what he thinks I should do? Do I need to insist on an ultrasound?

I would insist on monitoring, even if I had zero symptoms.

Here is a boilerplate warning for anyone taking clomid:

If you are taking clomid, you need to be monitored with bloodwork and vaginal ultrasounds at the beginning and middle of the cycle.  The cycle-day 3 u/s is to make sure you have no cysts on your ovaries before beginning clomid.  If you do have a cyst, taking clomid could create a dangerous situation where the cyst enlarges and/or bursts.  The day 3 bloodwork is to make sure you are not pregnant (very bad! on clomid) and to check your FSH and LH levels. The mid-cycle monitoring is to make sure you have not under responded or over responded. If you have not responded, you need to know to change your protocol.  If you over-respond (have too many big follicles), then you are at risk for multiples.  The mid-cycle blood work is to check your estrogen levels, which can determine how many eggs are hiding in your follicles. I wouldn?t want to have to go through a reduction.  I cancelled my first IUI cycle because I had 4 follies, and estrogen showed 4-5 eggs and we were not ready for that risk of multiples at that time. There is a low probability of these risks, but they are bad risks and detecting them with ultrasounds is easy and absolutely necessary.

Also, some doctors say you should not take clomid for more than 6 cycles in your life ? that is because of the risk of ovarian cancer.  Therefore, you should get your husband a semen analysis and you should get an HSG to make sure your tubes are clear, before you start clomid.  You do not want to waste cycles of clomid if you have no chance of getting pregnant anyways.

Also, here are some stories from ladies who were not monitored.

https://community.thebump.com/cs/ks/forums/thread/52199545.aspx

https://community.thebump.com/cs/ks/forums/thread/37113868.aspx

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle. -Philo

Baby N conceived after 1 miscarriage and more than 2 years of TTC. Diagnosis was low sperm count. We found success after 3 months of anastrozole to increase DH's testosterone and one IUI.
    Some charts AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

I'm stupid. You're smart. I was wrong. You were right. You're the best. I'm the worst. You're very good-looking. I'm not attractive. - Happy Gilmore
  • Options

I'm sorry karleejo ~ I know exactly how you feel, am in the same boat (on my 2nd round of Clomid - AF is 5 days later than last cycle with minor spotting)...

I already know I'm not ku'd ~ so I wish AF would just start already so I can get a fix on what next month will be like!  This uncertainty is the worst and is making a bit crazy...

Hang in there, okay?  {{hug}}

• Options
    imagetst1998:
    imageNDGOIRISH:

This! Sorry about the BFN.

IUI#3 brought us our dragon baby Z

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

TTCAL January 2015 Siggy Challenge: Animal Snow Interactions 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"