Austin Babies

TSU Child care center...any experiences?

Has anyone heard or had personal experience with the Texas State (San Marcos campus) child care center?  It is so inexpensive for students but that also makes me a little nervous.  TIA!
imageimage
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: TSU Child care center...any experiences?

• I didn't even know they had one.
  • romiguromigu member

imagebobcatsteph:
    I didn't even know they had one.

uh oh.  That's not good...unless the bobcat in your siggy name means something else. 

Here's the link:

https://www.fcs.txstate.edu/cdc/

imageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • I worked and had some labs there in college.  I think it's great and if I lived there I would definately take my kids there.  It is a teaching environment so you'll have Child Development students coming in and observing them but they're in a different room (behind mirrored glass) so they aren't a disruption.  I can't remember if I interacted with the kids as part of my class or just because I worked there but I did have to have a TB test and a background check. 

Since it's a learning setting, the instructors are really good about using best practices, positive reinforcement, etc.  If you have any specific questions please feel free to let me know.  It's been a few years but I'll try to answer any that I can.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • romiguromigu member
    Well my husband will be starting PT school there so it would be easy for him to take the baby down with him. I figured that it's inexpensive compared to some places here in town so it may be a good resource.
    imageimage
  • imageromigu:

imagebobcatsteph:
    I didn't even know they had one.

uh oh.  That's not good...unless the bobcat in your siggy name means something else. 

Here's the link:

https://www.fcs.txstate.edu/cdc/

Kids were the furthest thing from my mind when I was there so don't let that worry you.

I will say that a lot of the teachers at DD's daycare at Texas State students and they have all been great..they're very active with them.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"