Trouble TTC

Vent: I hate my nurse

My plan for this month was to do a second IUI. I was prescribed Femara, two shots of Bravelle and Estrace to grow my lining, with the reasoning that they would be starting my treatment earlier this month. I knew that because last month I needed four Bravelle shots that two wasn't going to cut it. So I questioned my nurse. And she assured me that it was going to be fine. 
Today I went in for my monitoring ultrasound. They only found one follicle measuring at 8. Nothing else. They gave me three more days of shots and told me to come back in on Friday. Issue is, I'm in a wedding this weekend and if I'm ready to ovulate by Friday I'm going to miss my chance at IUI. And I can't deal with the idea that all of this time, money and a chance at a baby is going to go to waste.
After leaving today, I remembered that my nurse had only prescribed me enough Estrace for one more day, which isn't going to cut it for a lining of only 5.1. So I had to call back in to ask them for more. Point being, I shouldn't have to be the one doing the remembering. I'm the patient. This is her job. There's a point where I shouldn't have to feel the pressure of trying to be the doctor and trying to figure everything out on my own. 
I'm sad and I'm pumped full of fertility drugs. Have any of you had to question your treatment? I know I'm the world's most awful patient, but when you're putting all of your faith and hope and money into a treatment, wouldn't you want the best care? End rant.

Re: Vent: I hate my nurse

• Sorry things dont seem to be working out, but its their job. I do also feel like the receptionist for my GP really gets annoyed with me, but its because I needed a referral for my RE and she had never done one, and she gets frustrated easy if the phone is ringing, has a patient in front of her, and then one on the inside waiting to pay/checkout. She doesn't handle stress well, but thats not my fault, get another job lady!!

I hope things work out for you, dont feel like you are awful patient, without us, none of them would have jobs!

1st Iui+Clomid+Ovidrel 8-13-11 BFP
    Beta @ 16dpiui=289
    Beta @20dpiui=1309
    Beta @24dpiui=3969
    IT'S A GIRL..MADELYNN ELIZABETH
    Madelynn Elizabeth born 31w6d's due to pre e.
    Welcome to the world princess!
    3-9-12
    3.7lbs/ 17 inches
  • I am sorry. I hope the timing works out for you.

It has always bothered me that we as patients have to double check and push so that we receive the correct treatments, meds, monitoring, etc. The doctors or nurses should know these things. That's a bit scary! Imagine the people that never question them :/

Dx: Unexplained Infertility

TTC #1 
    IUI's #1 - #3 Clomid = BFN's, IUI #4 Follistim = BFP
    Grayson arrived via emergency c-section on 7/28/12!

TTC #2 
    IUI's #1 - #4 Follistim = BFN's
    IVF #1 w/ ICSI + PGS: Lupron/Follistim/Menopur
    ER 4/13 - 19R, 13F, 4 PGS tested embryos, 1 normal
    5/14 FET: BFP. Beta #1: 123, Beta #2: 327, Beta #3: 854
    Cora arrived 1/23/15 via RCS!
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm sorry you're dealing with this. I called my nurse just today to say "What's going on? Why didn't you change something from our last IVF that failed?". Sometimes you have to be your own advocate. Doctors and nurses know a lot, but sometimes they do make mistakes and it's good that you're on top of things. Don't feel bad about questioning. It happens. I diagnosed my own kidney disease because my doctor was being a total idiot, and discovered later we probably could have stopped it if it hadn't gone one for so many years. It sucks when your nurses aren't making the right calls, but definitely bring it up and tell her when you know something isn't right. We pay too much money to have things get messed up because they forget something! Good luck hon. Sorry you have to go through this.

Me (32) DH (30)

A Wordy Blog

Baby Evangeline is here!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"