LGBT Parenting
Options

BostonGayGal

I saw your response to my looong winded tale of woe (thanks to everyone who sucked it up and read the whole darn thing, your thoughts, knowledge and advice are wonderful!  I took the weekend to think and I am no closer to an answer..  Awesome!) and am dying to know what's going on?  How are you feeling?  How far along are you?

Also an IVF question for you (and everyone else who has done one).  How many vials did they require?  Our donor is retired and although he had tons of vials left, someone bought them all last week, leaving only 11.   So we decided to forgo painting our house and redoing the gutters this summer :(  and bought what was left.  We are hoping it will be enough to eek out a few more kids.   K wants to carry one child and plans to do IVF.  I want to carry one more but I will have to do 6 IUI's before insurance will cover anything..blah, blah, blah.. and so we hope to have enough for 2 rounds of IVF (K and me) and 6 (failed) IUI's.  Worse case scenario.  

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers BabyFruit Ticker

Re: BostonGayGal

• Options

Nothing going on here except for typical early pregnancy minor complaints. 9 weeks, which seems insane to me. It is 'as if' it is really happening!

Each IVF cycle they want to have two vials in case one thaws extremely poorly, but assuming all is well, they only use the one. Also, depending upon how many eggs they retrieve and then how many fertilize, you may have frozen cycles that wouldn't require additional vials.

I produce LOTS of eggs, so I am storing three vials (as well as 7 frozen embryos, and calling it a day. Our hope is to have 2 kids. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"