Toddlers: 24 Months+
Options

Been sick with a cold - wwyd

I caught a terrible cold and have been sick for a solid week.  Over the weekend I went to a clinic for a throat culture, since my throat was so sore and got checked out - determined it was viral and to just get rest, fluids etc.  

The last 2 days I have been coughing up yellow/green mucus in the mornings.  Should I been seen again?  Was never sick with DS and am not sure if this will clear or if it needs more attention.  I have no fever.  Should I go and see my GP?

TIA 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Been sick with a cold - wwyd

• Options

i get tonsilitis like 5 times a year, in fact, i have it now. every time i go to the doctor he does a throat culture and its negative. a week later i go back and he gives me antibiotics. why do i have to suffer for an extra week, idk.

see your GP

7 Angels in Heaven, 1 In My Arms

12/24/07 D&C (12 weeks)
    2/08 MC (5 weeks)
    5/08 PA (7 weeks)
    9/08 VTS (6 weeks)
    7/09 MC (5 weeks)
    8/10 MC (UKN)
    6/7/11 CP (UKN)

*CM PIP Girl* image
  • Options
    CA2006CA2006 member

I just had this same problem.  Started with 4-5 days of sore throat then moved into my chest to where I was having trouble sleeping nad was short of breath.  Went to the doctor after almost 7 full days of being sick.  She said I was wheezing and she had seen a lot of bronchitis and pneumonia lately.  She didn't do an x-ray b/c I am pregnant, but treated me with a 3 day antibiotic, inhaler and cough syrup (wasn't a big fan, so I only used that once or twice).  After 24 hours with the antibiotic in my system, I felt a lot better.  This morning, I feel SO much better.  i can breathe comfortably again and my cough didn't keep me up all night last night. 

It is important that you get treatment if you need it.  The coughing was so bad in my case, it was preventing me from breathing properly.  Go to the doctor again since your symptoms changed.  It may have gone from viral to bacterial.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"