Parenting after a Loss
Options

I've got a biter! help!

DD has started to bite me if she doesn't get her way.  The other day she bit my shoulder and almost brought tears to my eyes and now I have a bruise!  She is like a little piranha!  How do I break this habit?????  WWYD?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: I've got a biter! help!

• Options
    Thanks for posting this! I'm eager to see responses. My 15 month old has started biting out of too much excitement or frustration. Today was the first day that she bit my shoulder hard enough to leave a mark :( I'll be spending the rest of the night researching this topic. 
  • Options
    My BFF's daughter has learned "we only bit our food". It took lots of time outs to get there though and she's a little older. GL
    BFP 4/23/09. D&E 7/17/09 16W5D. BFP #2 3/10/10. EDD 11/15/10 Babycakes was born 11/5/10! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My DD is almost 9 months, and she has just started this biting habit as well.  It's not out of frustration or excitement or anything, it might be more of a teething thing.  She just gets ahold of something and wants to bite it, and HARD!  Doesn't matter if it's a toy, food, or my finger.  Now she has started trying to bite my lip when she leans in for a kiss :(  We aren't sure how to break this habit before it turns into something worse...

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    K is still doing this too but it has lessened. Everyone I ask says bite her back. I just can't. I did the "no bite "stuff and that doesn't work. Yo Gabba Gabba has a "don't bite your friends "song I play lol. I actually have pinched her cheek and said no bite and then I sit her down in "time out" for a minute. She usually cries for a minute and sometimes falls on the floor in a tantrum. We're trying to be consistent. DCP has major issues in her class right now with biting. I know it is developmentally normal at this age but it stinks. And now DCP had to make a new policy about the biting because a few kids are doing it all the time. I'm scared she's going to get kicked out. Ugh.
    Oct 2008 m/c #1 5 weeks, May 2009 m/c #2 4w5d. BFP 6/23/09 EDD 3/8/10!
    You gain strength, courage and confidence by every experience in which you stop to look fear in the face. -Eleanor Roosevelt
    After 1 year of TTC#2 BFP May 2011 m/c #3 4w2d. Off to RE.

Round 1: Femara + Ovidrel +TI = BFP! EDD 2/20/12
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    2IF does not always equal 3IF...Surprise!
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    Thank you for posting this.  DD is a biter too.  She doesn't bite too hard (yet), but she lets me know she's frustrated.  I can't figure out how or where she picked this habit up, b/c she's not in daycare or around other kids too much.  She is also a hitter when she gets frustrated. 
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"