January 2011 Moms

Friday QOTD

NBR today

How did you and DH/SO meet and how long have you been together and/or married?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Friday QOTD

• DH and I were set up on a blind date in high school. N But we were both extremely shy and inexperienced at the time so nothing ever came of it. We stayed friends though and eventually started dating in college. We got married in 2006 so next month will be our 5 year wedding anniversary. We have been together for 13 years.
  • My DH and I met in high school, but never dated. I was a freshman he was a senior. So he went off to college and would come back down from school and hang out. (We had the same circle of friends) Anyhow to make a long story short, we started dating after I graduated from college in 2000. We have been together now for over 11 years.

Siggy Badges

BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • We met on an online message board similar to this one. We talked online for a year before actually meeting because I lived in FL and he lived in CA. I was 17 when we got together and the first time we met, I knew he was the one. We've been together since Oct 2003 and got married in Jan 2009.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We met in the second grade (he was the boy that beat me up, called me bad names and spit on me) He also lived across the street 3 houses down from me. We were in the same class in 2nd, 3rd, and 4th grade, but once we entered the 5th grade he moved 70 miles away and we never saw each other again for over 10 years. I found him online and we started talking again over 2 years ago, and to my discovery he said I was the first girl he ever liked (guess that was why he beat me up).

CafeMom Tickers

• We met in 2005, my old 5th grade teacher asked me to play on a softball team about 45 minutes away up in Michigan.  I wasn't going to because I was 20 and everyone was 30+ and I didn't know anyone.  Well my mom told me I needed to go play cause I was going to meet my future husband.  Well she was right!  I met H and we hung out all the time and the first time we kissed I knew he was the one!  So we started dating in 2005 and have been married since 2009.

• MrsYamMrsYam member
    We worked together at a grocery store while we were in high school. We started dating when we were 17. Got married at 23. We've been together for almost 11 years.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • We technically met on a field trip to DC in 8th grade (all the area middle schools went together). We started dating when we were freshmen in high school...and dated through the majority of college. We got engaged when I got my job in Wyoming, and married in 2005. We've been married almost 5.5 years, and have been together off and on (more on) for about 18ish years or so. Wow... our relationship could vote....
    Started TTC in 2007
    Dx w/ PCOS 3/08
    IUI 11/09, BFP 11/26/09, Missed m/c 1/4/10, D&C 1/6/10
    "We miss our little 'Ziggy' every day!"
    Dx with mild Hypothyroidism 4/2010
    Surprise BFP 5/28/10, Nicole born on 1/19/2011 via C-Section
  • We met on a camping trip with mutual friends.  :)  we've been together 5 years, and married for one. <3

• I saw him the day of my interview at his company, totally corny I know, but it was pretty much love at first sight. We started hanging out after work and then our first "date" was at the skagit valley speedway, and then from there it was official.
  • We met in undergrad, at our Chemistry major orientation...pretty nerdy haha. We've been together for 5 years and married for two :)
  • bethylabethyla member
    We worked together at a book/music/movie store.  We have been together for 9 years and married for 2.
  • DH and I knew OF each other through a local car message board forum. Our first time we met each other a local car show. Later on, it turns out we had the same friends together. I didn't see him again for a month and then we ran into each other again at this party that a girlfriend dragged me to. We have been together for 6 years and this September, we will be celebrating our 7 year anniversary.
    (Me) 30 & (DH) 32 {Together 11 years - Married 04.17.15}

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers 
    TTC Baby #2 since 06/15 | BFP 9/4/15 | EDD 5/07/16

BabyGaga
  • We met at a Rennaissance festival; he was 21 and I was 18. I thought he was uber-hot and went up to him, gave him my number... we hung out all day and he called me that night. We dated for 8 months, married, and December will be our 8 year anniversary. :)
  • DH was the singer of a local band. A friend of mine was dating the bassist and I owed her a favor so I went to a show with her. I SO didn't want to go, no make-up, frumpy clothes. Anyways we awkwardly exchanged numbers because of pressure from the other people there. Went on a date a week later and became best friends. A year later were engaged and 6 months later married. We're actually celebrating our 2 year anniversary Monday. :)
  • This is horrible lol but I met my DH when I was banging his roommate/friend.( Lasted 3 months) we hated eachother because I always drank his beer and never replaced it. A year down the road we ran into eachother and some how fell in love and now we have been happily together ever since. And the funny thing is that the Roommate was in our wedding! ( it was a big hit in the best man speech lol)
  • We were in the same dorm in freshmen year in college in MA. We were friends for one semester before started dating. Been married for 8 and know him since 1996. He is my best friend and I cannot imagine life without him. He is from MA and I am from Eastern Europe, so we had a lot to get adjusted to in terms of culture and customes, but he took to my culture very well, sometimes more than me in some ways.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • mchupiemchupie member
    We lived down the hall from each other our senior year in college.  We met through my roommate's study buddy, who was his roommate.  We've been married a little over 2 years and together for 5.5 years.
    image  image
    Carina 12.28.2010 | Aurelia 9.23.12 | Chart - Round 3
  • RHitchRHitch member
    We were introduced to each other by a friend when we were in college.  We have been dating for almost 10 years and married for almost 5.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"