Pregnant after IF
Options

Anyone having gall bladder issues?

I had some episodes that have never been truly diagnosed, but the description given to my MW is having her lean towards gall bladder issues. I had a few attacks, and then nothing, not even heart burn for several weeks but then tonight, I had another attack. Nothing like kneeling in the grass on the side of the road puking because I couldn't make it home.

Some of these episodes, I totally had fatty foods prior to it and some, there are no rhyme or reason for the attacks. Anyone else going through this?

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Anyone having gall bladder issues?

• Options
    I know I have gall stones. They act up when I eat too much rich food. My symptoms aren't so terrible. Mainly heartburn and some back pain. My reflux has gotten worse the past few weeks, but I think it is more due to my stomach being flattened by the pregnancy than my gall stones. I now take Nexium and the reflux is gone.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

::comes out from lurking::  Hope you don't mind me responding.

I had my gallbladder removed a few years ago, obviously I was not pg.  It started off as pains in my rib cage and back.  They were tolerable, but then got worse and more frequent.  I would also feel like I was "full up to my neck" and did not have any appetitie or desire to eat.  I was given an u/s and mri to determine my gallbladder function, it was less than 20%.  I did not have stones.  The way it was described to me was that my gallbladder was getting more "jelled" up. 

T&P that this is not what you are experiencing.

::back into lurking::

"When the world says, 'Give up,' Hope whispers, 'Try one more time.'" -Anonymous

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    etoyamaetoyama member
    Oh man, Lyse, I'm sorry :( that sounds unpleasant. I hope your dr is able to figure out something you can take so you don't keep having attacks!
  • Options
    Oh my! That sounds very uncomfortable and aggravating. I hope they can do something to make you more comfortable. ((((hugs))))
  • Options
    Thanks ladies. I know there is probably not much they can do, but I'm still not pain free so I'm going to call my MW this morning.
  • Options
    Hope you don't mind me posting (lurker also). I had my gallbladder out in 2009 (no stones, just failing- 16%ejection fraction). It's a wraparound (crampy) pain and my doctor told me it can get worse with pregnancy because of the hormones so that is why I had mine out. Sometimes it had no rhyme or reason, I could eat a salad and be uncomfortable. They can do an ultrasound to look for stones but if there is not they would have to do a CT/ Hida scan (this checks to see how the gallbladder is functioning, I'm assuming this is something you would not be able to go through with pregnancy). I'm sorry you have to deal with this! hugs!!
    Oct1201212 Twins born at 34w2d, Allison, 3lb,4oz-Ethan, 4lb7oz, both 16 1/2 inches. Out of Difficulties Grow Miracles BestBuddiesBoy AprilPosseMultiLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    Well, my MW wants me to get b/w done which I will get after work today and then an u/s tomorrow. They are not sure what they will see due to the pg, but will try to see the gall bladder and find out what's going on. I will be happier to have answers!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"