February 2012 Moms

Apparently, I'm a lush...

My name is anardi and apparently I was a lush before getting pregnant.

Yesterday, we went over to our neighbors to say Hi and have the boys play together. (Side note: new neighborhood and everyone moved in around Jan) They offer me a drink and I say I'll just have water. I get this look of confusion. I just keep going on my way. Then we start talking and my neighbor friend says "Are you guys thinking about having another?" I said yes, she continues to say "ohh I thought maybe you were pregnant bc you didn't have any wine in your hand." I started laughing and told her I was pregnant. Dh just looks at me and says I'm an easy target bc I'm always up for a drink!

His Dad came over on Sunday and I actually asked DH to tell him before they firgured out that I was not going to drink any wine at dinner. Last time we were prego, FIL ordered wine and four glasses and DH said no only 3.

I'm totally going to get busted this weekend by my friends bc we have a BBQ to go too.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Apparently, I'm a lush...

• I feel your pain and am also a lush.  I don't plan on telling until 2nd tri and have no idea how i'm going to get through the snext 2 months without people wondering.  I went out Sat. night with family and didn't drink and have been getting the side eye from my sister since. 
  • I feel for you! I love to drink with my friends and I'm a connoisseur of beer but we just found out Sunday that my alcohol consumption has gone the way of the dodo for now. we wanted to wait to tell people until August but I'm sure at least some people will figure out in the next week or two when I turn down drinks at a few specific events and don't participate in anymore sailboat races this summer!
  • Loading the player...
  • Ha! This seems to be a common problem.  We went camping this weekend with my sister and her boyfriend and I knew the cat would be out of the bag as soon as we got there and they offered me a drink.  That's exactly what happened.  My sister knew right away as soon as I said no.  She has been sworn to secrecy though. 
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I worry about this too - I have a work trip next week and then another in the middle of June.  Usually, there's quite a bit of drinking going on, and I don't know how I can hide it.  I didn't want to tell anyone until we hear the heartbeat, which won't be until at least July 1. 
    July '15 January Siggy - snow fails
    image image
    Pregnancy Ticker

• imageMackalack:
    I worry about this too - I have a work trip next week and then another in the middle of June.  Usually, there's quite a bit of drinking going on, and I don't know how I can hide it.  I didn't want to tell anyone until we hear the heartbeat, which won't be until at least July 1. 

If anyone says anything to you, I would just tell them you are on medication right now so you can't have any alcohol.  Usually, if you are not close to the person, they will leave it at that.  If you tried to do this with family, they will pry and ask you all kinds of questions.  LOL

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • My DH filled a few beer bottles up with lemonade and screwed the caps back on for me to "fake drink" at a Memorial Day party yesterday. We hid them in our own cooler. It worked like a charm!! Otherwise, if I wasn't drinking, everyone would know I am pg!! I am such a lush!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I'm dealing with the same thing. I cancelled on plans last week but starting this weekend I'm just going to have to fess up. No way to hide it without skipping events and I don't want to go my whole summer missing every party and cookout!! I will just tell people as they start questioning me. I think it will be easier on me that way instead of trying to keep it hidden for so long.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Same here! I was visiting old friends and attending a friend's wedding this past weekend and it seemed everything we did involved alcohol and I'm sure that more than one of them noticed. A few asked b/c they knew I'd just gone through my miscarriage and was trying again, but it's incredibly hard to hide when you love beer, I guess!
    Eric and Amanda 9.1.07
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • imageMrsMGR:
    My DH filled a few beer bottles up with lemonade and screwed the caps back on for me to "fake drink" at a Memorial Day party yesterday. We hid them in our own cooler. It worked like a charm!! Otherwise, if I wasn't drinking, everyone would know I am pg!! I am such a lush!!

This is awesome!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageMrsMGR:
    My DH filled a few beer bottles up with lemonade and screwed the caps back on for me to "fake drink" at a Memorial Day party yesterday. We hid them in our own cooler. It worked like a charm!! Otherwise, if I wasn't drinking, everyone would know I am pg!! I am such a lush!!

I had a birthday party for DH at the begining of the year and was pg at the time.  I pulled the bartender aside and told him I would be ordering screwdrivers but wanted OJ and just went to the bar when no one else was around.  If someone came up the bartender would fake making the mixed drink.

• imagemhbuttahs:

imageMackalack:
    I worry about this too - I have a work trip next week and then another in the middle of June.  Usually, there's quite a bit of drinking going on, and I don't know how I can hide it.  I didn't want to tell anyone until we hear the heartbeat, which won't be until at least July 1. 

If anyone says anything to you, I would just tell them you are on medication right now so you can't have any alcohol.  Usually, if you are not close to the person, they will leave it at that.  If you tried to do this with family, they will pry and ask you all kinds of questions.  LOL

This is a great idea - thanks.   The work trip in a few weeks is easier to deal with, because I'll be going up to the bar and can order a cranberry juice to play the part, and this is the trip that I'll be with coworkers who have already started in on the "are you pregnant" talk every time I've said I haven't been feeling well in the last 6 months.

July '15 January Siggy - snow fails
    image image
    Pregnancy Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"