Success after IF
Options

Tell me about birthday photos

Did you do your smash the cake the day of the party or different?  We are having a party at 1pm - just a few neighbors and family - and trying to figure out logistics.  I would like to do some nice photos as well.  Do I include grandparents in any pictures?  Both sets will be here - a rare opportunity. 

Thanks for your input, things like this just elude me...

Re: Tell me about birthday photos

• Options
    We are doing his smash cake on his actual birthday (just grandparents and us) so he can have fun and get dirty) and will only cut the cake at his party (3 days later).  There are too many people at his party to deal with the aftermath of a cake smake.
  • Options

I am doing "nice" pictures before her b-day party in her bday outfits, but not with a cake or anything. We are having her b-day party on the weekend (a few days after her b-day) and I will take pictures of her eating her cake (she's only get a large cupcake) that day. Probably more video than pictures that day, because I want to enjoy the moment!

Have fun and post some pics :)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

My girls smashed cakes for professional pictures a couple weeks before their birthday.  They wore Ruffle Butts:

https://dishbaby.blogspot.com/2011/02/birthday-eve-cake-smash.html

Then they smashed a small cake the day of their party:

https://dishbaby.blogspot.com/2011/02/my-little-girls-1st-birthday-party.html

After 2 rounds of IVF & 2 rounds of FET, we were blessed with identical twin girls!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    We did smash caking during the party (some family/neighbors/friends....10 people or so). We did pro pics a couple of weeks earlier but DH was against doing pro smash cake photos and wanted it to be special for his b-day. We had a second party 3 weeks later (for my family out of state) and he did a 2nd smash cake.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    LCB34LCB34 member

We are doing 1 year family pictures and a smash cake a few weeks before Kate's birthday.

She will have a small cake at her party to dig into.  We also hired our photographer to take pictures at her party so I can enjoy it and not worry about capturing every little thing!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"