Toddlers: 24 Months+
Options

Fake fainting?

Does anyone else's LO do this?  For the last couple of days, S has been kind of fake fainting.  For example, the other day we were in the bathroom and I was helping with his underwear and shorts and all of a sudden he collapsed against me and his eyes were closed.  It was right before naptime so I thought he was being dramatic.  I picked him up to carry him to his room and he was like dead weight - which I thought was odd but then he opened his eyes as I put him in his bed and seemed fine.  He did it a few more times on Sunday.  Our good friend, a nurse, said to try to pull open his eye when this is happening and if you can just pull it open with no resistance, then he's probably not faking and something could be wrong.  He's done it a couple of times since she told us that and we do the eye thing and are met with resistance so I'm thinking he's faking.  Isn't that weird still though? 

He just had a bunch of bloodwork done within the last couple of weeks b/c of gastrointestinal issues and went through a course of antibiotics.  His bloodwork was fine, aside from signs of the infection - no anemia, good platelet count.  So if he isn't faking, it would have to be something vascular or neurological.  I don't want to consider either possibility but I don't want to brush this under the rug either.  WWYD?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Fake fainting?

• Options

I don't have any first-hand experience, but my mom has told us stories of my brother doing this when he was little.

If you're pretty sure he's faking (have you asked him?), maybe have a talk with him about how you know he's just trying to... have fun? get attention? whatever... but that what he's faking is really serious and he really shouldn't do it.

You know your son, so however you can explain it to him so he understands.

DD has faked other things, and we've had to tell her, "I know you're just trying to be funny, but this is why it's not." A few times of correcting her with that type of explanation and she stops.

GL!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"