Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

+++Morning Confessions+++

So, how was the holiday weekend? Let it all out.

My heart is as open as the sky.
Read about it on the blog

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

2 Corinthians 12:9 But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me.

Follow Me on Pinterest
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: +++Morning Confessions+++

• Hello, friends. I'm so happy to be home & in my old routine. Trip was so quiet and relaxing. Confession : I could not stop imagining our trip + baby (or with me pregnant). Even the airport store. She fills my head.

2 Corinthians 12:9 But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me.

Follow Me on Pinterest
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Oh, and I'm lying in bed bumping on my phone because I'm lazy.

Follow Me on Pinterest
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I just had a m/c last week and we were supposed to go to our good friends daughters first bday party and I just couldn't do it. I knew there would be a lot of people with their babies there and I just couldn't be there.

My new bff Gayle Forman!

• imagecaseyandlizzie:
    I just had a m/c last week and we were supposed to go to our good friends daughters first bday party and I just couldn't do it. I knew there would be a lot of people with their babies there and I just couldn't be there.
    (((huge hugs))) I am so sorry. I understand.

Follow Me on Pinterest
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I've known it was coming (I just didn't know who would say it or when) and it finally happened yesterday.  Our neighbors stopped by to talk to us while we were outside playing with out son.  First she asked when we were having another and I just laughed it off.  And then she says to my son "You would love to have a little sister wouldn't you?".  I was proud of myself for holding it together, but I just wanted to say "His little sister died a few weeks ago."  I find it so much easier to just tell people the truth than to hide it, but I know the truth will make most people uncomfortable and it's only appropriate when I'm close to the person (we are friendly with our neighbors, but not "friends").  I'm not mad at her for saying it, it's just upsetting.  I've had a long time to learn to deal with the "when are you having a baby" comments since we struggled for 3 1/2 years to get pregnant with our son, but the comment about the baby sister was almost too much for me to handle gracefully.

It took 3 1/2 long years, but we finally got our little miracle!
    IVF #1 - BFP (6dt)
    Unassisted Pregnancy #2 - lost at 15w6d due to T21, severe heart defects, and fetal hydrops

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • EM0704EM0704 member

Last night I got so excited talking about a new pair of shoes I bought for a wedding we are going to, I thought DH was going to have to hose me off! Wink I have no idea why I am so happy about these shoes...But I'll take it! I guess it's better than crying about having to go to a wedding!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • EM0704EM0704 member
    imagewed23:

I've known it was coming (I just didn't know who would say it or when) and it finally happened yesterday.  Our neighbors stopped by to talk to us while we were outside playing with out son.  First she asked when we were having another and I just laughed it off.  And then she says to my son "You would love to have a little sister wouldn't you?".  I was proud of myself for holding it together, but I just wanted to say "His little sister died a few weeks ago."  I find it so much easier to just tell people the truth than to hide it, but I know the truth will make most people uncomfortable and it's only appropriate when I'm close to the person (we are friendly with our neighbors, but not "friends").  I'm not mad at her for saying it, it's just upsetting.  I've had a long time to learn to deal with the "when are you having a baby" comments since we struggled for 3 1/2 years to get pregnant with our son, but the comment about the baby sister was almost too much for me to handle gracefully.

I think I might have slapped her! I applaud you for keeping it together!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • My weekend was great and horrible at the same time. Great because I got 4 days to rest and relax and deal with everything. Horrible because I finally miscarried and had to deal with the bleeding. I honestly thought I had gotten over the worst of the grief but since I passed and saw the fetal sac Ive just been a bundle of nerves. We went to a cookout and at first I was ok with all the babies and kids. We are the last of our friends to have kids now and of course everyone was asking when and I could only smile and say " eventually" when I really just wanted to tell them all I had just passed my dead baby less than 24 hours earlier.

I also found out my grandmother is in the hospital . Ok I changed my mind, the holiday pretty much sucked.
    Due 12/20/11 ~ Lost our Muskrat at 9w2d
    4/25/12 ~ Our angel, Persephone James, is here!

• ugh... what a weekend... my miscarriage came on full force Sunday... I was so upset, mad, aggravated that EVERYONE I know was out on the lake, having parties & cookouts, etc. while I was at home losing my baby :(

when I finally decided to wander out to my parents house for a cheeseburger, my brother's GF's best friend was there & congratulated me on my pregnancy... & I had to explain my loss for what seemed like the millionth time over the weekend.

not the holiday weekend I had imagined a few weeks ago...

• EM-bought a dress for a wedding today, understand the retail therapy. What do your shoes look like, I need some too:)

Glad you had a relaxing trip winter bride.

Everyone else sorry for having a tough time.

I actually felt alive for the first time since my miscarriage this weekend. We went out to dinner and mini golf  one night for a date night, did s'mores by the fire one night, and the beach one day. I felt like I could finally breath. It's been 4 weeks today. I know I'm still grieving and always will, I'm just really thankful right now for what I do have.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"