3rd Trimester

Munire Crib - ANNOYED!

Has anyone had any issues assembling their Munire crib?  My husband started to assemble ours tonight and the right side piece has stickers on it that clearly tell you which side is in and which side is out.  The problem is that it is mislabled.  So when we have all the stickers on the inside, we can't assemble the front piece because there aren't bolt holes there.  If we flip it, we can assemble the front board, but then we have stickers on the outside of the crib (including all of the recall/safety information, etc).  I'm pretty sure we shouldn't remove these and I'm also pretty sure they're not supposed to be on the outside of the crib.   

I'm ticked off because it took 6 weeks to arrive and now I have a 1/2 assembled crib in the nursery.  So frustrating. 

Has this happened to anyone else? 

Re: Munire Crib - ANNOYED!

• Oh jeez. Sorry you're having those problems!

The store we ordered from included set up with delivery, and it took the guys less than 10 minute to put it together. They didn't have any problems, but then again, they do this all day long. 

Married 7/19/09
    MC 9/8/10
    Baby Boy Born 7/31/11
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • I am sorry to hear that....we ordered the munire savoy crib and bedroom set and had it set up in about 1/2 an hour and didn't have any problems

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Call customer service. We got one but the delivery guys put it together in like two seconds also. GL.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Sorry for that! We had a Munire crib for our 1st baby delivered and set up but the delivery crew. I didn't have any directions on how to lower the bed when LO#1 was getting ready to stand. We had to call the store where we purchased the crib and one of the salespeople walked DH through what he needed to do. GL with the set up.

Yes, if you order your crib it can take a while to get delivered. Our 1st crib was in stock so we got it within 2 wks of ordering it.  We are awaiting the arrival of our next crib from the same place (it is Bonavita) and they estimated 2 months. We aren't too concerned when it comes because LO#2 will sleep in our room for a few months.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm sure cribs are different, but on our crib the safety sticker ARE on the outside.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Brady77Brady77 member
    Ours are on the outside and ours is a Munire (stickers on the back and one of the sides).  Doesn't bother me b/c it is up against two walls so you can't see either one. You might want to check to see if there is a youtube video of someone assembling it, that might help.
  • imageBrady77:
    Ours are on the outside and ours is a Munire (stickers on the back and one of the sides).  Doesn't bother me b/c it is up against two walls so you can't see either one. You might want to check to see if there is a youtube video of someone assembling it, that might help.

Just for clarification - not the "warning" stickers.  it's actually a big sticker that says "RIGHT INSIDE" that would be on the outside of the crib.   The only way we can assemble it is with this sticker on the outside and then the "warning" sticker on the inside.

I called the furniture store today and they said it sounds like either 1) they sent me a LH piece and labeled it a RH piece or 2) they put the stickers on the wrong side of the RH piece.  Either way it's a problem.  I have to go home at lunch and take some pictures.  They said that if I just flip the piece and put the "RIGHT INSIDE" sticker to the outside that it could be dangerous (i.e. improper set up).  So I am going to send them the pictures and they will get in touch with Munire.

They said that most likely they will just send me the correct piece that I need.  After I told my husband he raised a good point though.  We could end up with different parts from different manufacture dates and is that a problem?  I will ask the furniture store when I call them back this afternoon.

It's annoying though, you know?  You buy good quality things expecting that everything is going to be simple.  I just keep thinking that I should have gone with the Young America line instead.  Not to say they're perfect either, but man, this is a stupid mistake on Munire's part.  Of all the baby stuff I've put together recently (jumperoo, swing, high chair, etc), I haven't had a single problem.  With a crib that took 6 weeks to be delivered they end up shipping me the wrong pieces?  Ack.   

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"