Attachment Parenting

Bedsharers- A question

So this morning DH and had sex for the first time since DD was born.  She sleeps with us every night, so DH slid her over while she was still sleeping and we proceeded to reunite with each other.  DD slept through it all, she actually made us laugh because just as we finished she had the loudest poop ever!  My question is, do you leave your LO in the bed while they are still so young?  I wasn't uncomfortable with her being there, but I also wouldn't want to risk waking her to put her in the PNP.  Do any of you ladies do this, and at what age did you go to another room?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Bedsharers- A question

• We still bedshared at that age, and no, I didn't feel comfortable having sex in bed if she was in there. She would either be in her cosleeper or in her bouncy seat.

• We did the same thing as you and were fine with it. Now that she's older I don't feel comfortable and she's a light sleeper so we don't anymore.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Loading the player...
  • rianalsrianals member
    DD sleeps like a rock.  We occasionally have sex with her in her crib, which is sidecarred to the bed.  She has woken up once, which kind of killed the mood...
  • Lol! DD is 4 months old. We have no problem scooting her over a little for it. She doesn't seem to mind, and I think the rocking motion keeps her asleep...

Don't know how long it'll last though. She rolls over to us sometimes and we have to stop to move her..

I'm never telling her any of this, lol. 

• I never felt comfortable with her in the bed. That would really kill it for me, looking over and seeing her. She slept in a rock and play for a bit or we would leave her in the swing for a quickie. Her crib is next to our bed so she goes in there or we go in the living room.

I know it's been done that way since the dawn of time but I need at least 5 feet of space from my child when I'm getting down. It skeeves me out otherwise.

Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers
      Francesca Pearl is here!             Josephine Hope is almost 3!
  • We bedshare at night but during the day he never napped in our bed since we weren't napping and that didn't seem safe. So he napped in his crib or bassinet and we'd have sex then. Similarly when we put him down for the night we'd put him in the crib until the first waking and then we were free to have sex where we wanted. That may not help you if you're exclusively bedsharing but it worked for us (still does, we made another baby).
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We've never had sex with DS in the bed, or even in the room for that matter. We just aren't comfortable with it. We have sex in the other room.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Keshias Birthday 2012 046edit
  • Nope- we are too skeeved out by it - plus he is a really light sleeper. He is moved to his crib/bouncer/swing for the duration of sex & then brought back to bed later.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • i can't do it. it feels icky and i can't get my mind where it needs to be if she's near me. we've done it once with her in her swing napping in the living room but other than that she's been at my mom's house... i can barely do it with her in the house haha
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"