TTC after 35

CD 3 u/s?

Hi ladies

I hope you all had a great weekend. I am hoping you can clarify something for me. I finished my first round of BCP on Saturday and tomorrow I go for a day 3 u/s and blood work. We are attempting our first IUI. What are they looking for tomorrow and will it push things back if my period is all messed up from the one month of BCP? Of course, I might wake up tomorrow and be bleeding but if I am not, will it affect the timing of the injections. I *think* I am supposed to start the shots the day after tomorrow. This is so confusing the first time around and I am sure the second time around would make more sense but I am almost certain that we are one and done so a lot is riding on this cycle. Thanks

Re: CD 3 u/s?

• reb259reb259 member
    If I remember correctly...they are checking to make sure you don"t have any cysts from your last cycle.  Good luck, hope this is your month!!
    I am AMA and all tests on H came back normal
    3 failed IVF with OE and 2 failed frozen DE cycles
    Last fresh hail mary DE cycle starting Feb 2013
    PAIF/SAIF always welcome
  • imagereb259:
    If I remember correctly...they are checking to make sure you don"t have any cysts from your last cycle.  Good luck, hope this is your month!!

Thank you. I wonder if the Menopur injections have to be timed with CD1? My husband has been trying to work his schedule around these injections but at this point, I don't care any more. I will have to do them by myself and get over it if I want this to happen.

• Loading the player...
  • reb259reb259 member
    I have been doing Menopur shots for longer than I would like to admit with my 2 ivf's.  They are not bad at all, I promise.  It is weird the first time but you get use to it and I promise, promise, promise they don't hurt.  I think when I did my IUI with follistim, I started follistim on cycle day 4 or 5.
    I am AMA and all tests on H came back normal
    3 failed IVF with OE and 2 failed frozen DE cycles
    Last fresh hail mary DE cycle starting Feb 2013
    PAIF/SAIF always welcome
  • I don't know about IUI, but for my IVF I went in for my baseline u/s 3 days after stopping the BCP and they had me start injections that night. I actually started bleeding the morning of my baseline. They are just checking to make sure that your hormones are at the level they should be, you don't have cysts and your lining looks okay. Good luck!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We will be nearly the same this cycle. u/s on day three "is" to check for cysts. On that day you will probably have b/w done too. On day three you will most likely start to do inj. for three days then go back in to check the progress of the follicles....making sure they are responding to the "drugs". This is unfortuately were I got cancelled last cycle. So I'm praying for a bumper crop of follicles this time. My CD 3 will be Friday.

As far as the FP and whether it comes or not on the correct day.....usually there is still some bleeding when you go for the u/s. They have told me this is okay.

Good Luck to you,

TTC since 2009 very frustrated 42yr and DH 40

5 cycles of Clomid with satisfactory response=BFN's
    Fibroid removal Nov2010
    IUI Clomid #1 Feb 2011...BFN..damn it!
    IUI Inject's #2 Apr 2011...CANCELLED...low estradiol
    IUI Inject's #3 June 2011...BFN
    IUI Inject's #4 Sept2011...BFFN
    Lap Dec 2011...severe endo..cyst removed..some remains...
    IVF#1 Apr 2012 ....cancelled due to over suppression
    IVF#2 July 2012....6 follies...only 1 retrieved....BFFN
    surgery suggested to move ovary to an better placement but....we moved two time zones away and are financially and emotionally empty

• Thanks, ladies!
    u/s went well and he said I probably won't even have a period this week, maybe some light spotting based upon what he saw during the scan. I have to go get the blood draw right now and if I don't get a phone call due to something odd in the bw then I start injections tomorrow. I go back on the 7th for another u/s and more bloodwork. Looks like we are starting the process. He said the hardest part of this process is the first shot and after that it's easy. He also said Menopur should not affect my moods. Taking it one day at a time and hoping for the best. Hopefully, June will be this board's lucky month!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"