Nurseries and Baby Gear

Quinny Zapp and Maxi Cosi carseat

Anyone have these?  I am a loyal Chicco carseat fan and planned to buy one for this baby, but the Maxi Cosi is the only seat that will fit in the Quinny Zapp that we are looking at.  Reviews on either the Zapp or the Maxi Cosi?
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Premature Baby tickers image

Re: Quinny Zapp and Maxi Cosi carseat

• lautilauti member

I had the Zapp briefly, though not as a travel system.  Personally, I liked the stroller enough, but wouldn't want to use it as a travel system.  Granted I had the old Zapp, not the new Zapp Xtra.

Is there a reason you are looking at the Zapp over other travel systems?  I think the new one is a smidge overpriced.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • COmommyCOmommy member
    imagelauti:

I had the Zapp briefly, though not as a travel system.  Personally, I liked the stroller enough, but wouldn't want to use it as a travel system.  Granted I had the old Zapp, not the new Zapp Xtra.

Is there a reason you are looking at the Zapp over other travel systems?  I think the new one is a smidge overpriced.

Is there a reason you wouldn't use it as a travel system? Is the stroller quality? 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Premature Baby tickers image
  • Loading the player...
  • lautilauti member
    imageCOmommy:
    imagelauti:

Is there a reason you wouldn't use it as a travel system? Is the stroller quality? 

The wheels were a little small for me for everyday use as a travel system.  Like the PP said, the Buzz with air tires might be better for all types of terrain,

The other thing that bugged me about the Zapp is the wheels are SO NOISY outside.  Silly, I know, but it drove me crazy.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I adore my maxi cosi mico.  We used it with the Foray as a travel system with DD and now we use it with a City Select with DS.

They wash well, are sturdy, can be used without a base in a car (huge bonus points for me on this one!) and both my kids LOVED it.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We use the iCandy Cherry travel system (from England) and it is comptabile with either the Graco or Maxi Cosi Mico infant car seat.  I chose the Maxi Cosi.  We loved it and got great use out of it both in the car and w/the stoller.  They aren't as common as other brands, but I don't regret choosing it.  Like pp's said - sturdy, wash well ... a great seat :)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We bought the maxi cosi mico without a lot of research and now i'm realizing it doesn't work with a lot of strollers. You use it with the city select? Did you have to get an adaptor? I'm trying to figure out what our options are besides the quinny.
    IAmPregnant Ticker BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Look at the Maxi Cosi Foray travel system at Albeebaby. The Foray is very similar to the Zapp (the seats face forward & backward), but the handle actually extends, where the Zapp doesn't. It seems sturdier, not bulkier. And I think Albeebaby has the travel system (Maxi Cosi car seat & Foray stroller) for sale for $300 for the blue/brown pattern, and $399 for the pink or the black/grey.

imageimage

TheseFourButton-1.png

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"