D.C. Area Babies
Options

Unswaddling success!

LO has been waking up really sweaty from the swaddle so we decided to try to unswaddle this weekend. So far, so good! It did take him longer to go to sleep but his wakeups were normal. Naps will be a little harder, I think.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Unswaddling success!

• Options
    Might be too late, but it's OK to only swaddle for naps if you're worried about the transition.

TTC #2: BFP 12/17/11, m/c 1/7/12 and D&C 1/12/12

baby blog/cooking blog
    Follow Me on Pinterest

• Options
    That's great!  That was a big step for us with DS.  My girls wriggled out of the swaddle pretty early, but I think DS would have let us swaddle him indefinitely, so we had to work at getting him off of it.
    Wife, Musician, Fed, WW-er, and Mom of three little kids - not necessarily in that order.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    That is great! DS is still all abou the swaddle, even though he is strong enough to bust out of just about anything, so we just bought muslin blankets to do a cool,  arms only swaddle for these hot summer days and nights.
  • Options

So after four unswaddled nights, I think we can call it a success. He may actually be happier unswaddled because he can access his hands and feet.

We had been one-arm swaddling for some naps and some nights for about 2 weeks, so it wasn't totally cold-turkey. It is really cute to see him wake up and wave his hands in the air.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"