March 2011 Moms
Options

I think my supply is drying up

Maybe.I have always had supply issues so I have been formula feeding and bf'ing since lo was 3 weeks old. I do both at every feeding and also bf on demand.  This week my boobs haven't leaked at all and ds has really tugged on my boobs in frustration a few times. He has had seedy diapers, though, so he must be getting something. I did pump a few days ago and got about an ounce in 10 minutes. It's a manual pump, though, and I'm developing tendenitis in my wrists I think, so I couldn't do it that long. I do drink mothers milk tea, eat oatmeal everyday and nurse regularly but I just feel emptier the last few days.
imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: I think my supply is drying up

• Options
    Kellymom has great info on supply issues. Many women think they have a low supply when they truly don't. Have you seen a lactation consultant lately. They could weigh baby before and after a feeding to see how much he is getting.
  • Options
    lnickylnicky member
    Your supply should be leveling out now, so could explain the lack of leakage...that has happened to me and it's great! My boobs also feel better...aka, hardly any more engorgement! I hope you haven't lost it...don't give up without a fight!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Search kellymom for the "why do my boobs feel empty?" article. Very helpful.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I would say your supply is fine, I feel emptier now too. Alice tuggs on my breast too, my doctor said she is just a greety eater (by the size of her I would agree), and that after eating from a bottle the boob is much harder. She is just trying to beat it into submission! When she does this I do some breast compressions to force milk out a little quicker and once she gets over her initial thurst she settles down.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"