Special Needs

crap! I think M has mrsa **Update**

My gramma uses luv's diapers on M and they basically do the same thing they did to P.  Cause a slightly red moist area around her bottom.  It had cleared up this morning, I changed her seriously 45 mins ago...and I just changed her again before I fed her & she has 3 tiny pimples, one of which already has a head.  

P had MRS on her thigh a few months ago and i vaguely remember it looking similar.  Seriously..how would she have gotten the sore thingy's in less than an hour. Now i'm going to have to tell Dh we probably have to take her to the hospital to get her antibiotics and cultured, and all that great BS.  

Poor baby.  Her pedi office closed at 12, of course. 

**Update**

Hospital called a few hours ago and asked how Morgan was doing, I said she seemed to be doing fine but had her culture started to grow anything yet.  

She said that was why she was calling that it was positive for MRSA.

Fvck Fvck Fvck.

She said she needed to go to her Pedi tomorrow, but she goes to immunology tomorrow, I guess she will have to do both to be sure, or just immunology, I dont' really know at this point.  Immunology is at 2pm in Richmond/VCU, so I don't know if they will have a sick appt before that, and im guessing she will need a new blood culture, which they can only draw at the hospital.  

Ughhhhhhh.   

DD1(4):VSD & PFO (Closed!), Prenatal stroke, Mild CP, Delayed pyloric opening/reflux, Brachycephaly & Plagiocephaly, Sacral lipoma, Tethered spinal cord, Compound heterozygous MTHFR, Neurogenic bladder, Urinary retention & dyssynergia, incomplete emptying, enlarged Bladder with Poor Muscle Tone, EDS-Type 3. Mito-Disorder has been mentioned

DD2(2.5): Late term premie due to PTL, low fluid & IUGR, Reflux, delayed visual maturation, compound heteroygous MTHFR, PFAPA, Bilateral kidney reflux, Transient hypogammaglobulinemia, EDS-Type 3

Re: crap! I think M has mrsa **Update**

• So sorry to hear that M may be getting sick.  I hope she does not have MRSA. You have your plate full enough!
  • they cultured it and gave her bactroban cream to put on all of the "spots" he said to take her to the pedi Mon..but I'm sure they are closed.  We see immunology Tue in Richmond.  I was freaking out bc if she has mrsa and an immune disorder that seemed like a bad combo esp at 3 months.  Culture takes 5 full days but I'm thinking if she has it then someyhing should be growing by Tue. Uggghhhh
    DD1(4):VSD & PFO (Closed!), Prenatal stroke, Mild CP, Delayed pyloric opening/reflux, Brachycephaly & Plagiocephaly, Sacral lipoma, Tethered spinal cord, Compound heterozygous MTHFR, Neurogenic bladder, Urinary retention & dyssynergia, incomplete emptying, enlarged Bladder with Poor Muscle Tone, EDS-Type 3. Mito-Disorder has been mentioned

DD2(2.5): Late term premie due to PTL, low fluid & IUGR, Reflux, delayed visual maturation, compound heteroygous MTHFR, PFAPA, Bilateral kidney reflux, Transient hypogammaglobulinemia, EDS-Type 3

• Loading the player...
  • imagerealisticdreams:
    they cultured it and gave her bactroban cream to put on all of the "spots" he said to take her to the pedi Mon..but I'm sure they are closed.  We see immunology Tue in Richmond.  I was freaking out bc if she has mrsa and an immune disorder that seemed like a bad combo esp at 3 months.  Culture takes 5 full days but I'm thinking if she has it then someyhing should be growing by Tue. Uggghhhh

:( I hope it clears up quickly. DS battled MRSA for a while last year and it was a hassle, but the Bactroban cream worked well for him. I hope it works fast for her!

• I know I'm fairly new to the board, but I'm in Richmond, so if you ever want to meet up, let me know.

Hopefully the MRSA clears up quickly and you all can get some answers soon. I know how nerve wracking it can be.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"