3rd Trimester

XP - former zofran pump mamas come in

I've been on the Zofran pump since I was about 7 weeks. From week 4 - week 7 I threw up every single piece of food or drink that I put in my mouth including sipped water and ice cubes. I am on the pump and was getting relief but for the last 3-4 days I am back to being completely nauseated and barely able to function.

If you were on the pump, when did the m/s finally subside? When did you go off the pump?

Please tell me relief is on the way. Thanks

I am 11 weeks tomorrow.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: XP - former zofran pump mamas come in

• you might want to try the first or second trimester board...but I was on zofran (not a pump) till I was 30 weeks. Morning sickness usually subsides around the start of the second trimester
  • imagescorpiomom2005:
    you might want to try the first or second trimester board...but I was on zofran (not a pump) till I was 30 weeks. Morning sickness usually subsides around the start of the second trimester

most of the first tri mamas are still battling m/s with me.i was hoping to find some mamas who used it but went off of it in the early second or late first tri. 

thanks

• Loading the player...
  • I didn't have the option of a zofran pump where I live, but I was on suppositories and diclectin and the nausea didn't die down until around week 14, if I recall correctly. Even then, the morning sickness is still there, but I was just able to eat without as many aversions. I'm still on medication, but no longer need the supps. 
    BabyGaga
    Pregnancy # 6
    4 missed chances
    2 loving children
    1 on the way
  • I was on a Zofran pump from 9 weeks to 14 weeks, had to get off because of a PICC line infection. I still have hyperemesis and am on oral Zofran, Phenergan, and Reglan, but it is significantly better and I have not thrown up since week 29. Good luck!!
  • i was the exact same way when i first got pregnant but i didnt have the pump i had the pills i took them from week 10 to week 20 i wanna say and i havent took them since, im now 31 weeks. once u make it through the first trimester u probably wont need it  anymore. hth!

• jsongjsong member
    I started on zofran pills at 7 week to 11 weeks then the pill stopped working so I got on the zofran pump which I had until 25th week.  I started the weening off process probably around 21st week.  I know exactly how you feel.  At the time, I didn't see any relief in sight. I didn't know if I would be strong enough to get through it and somehow, I did. There is relief in sight.  The zofran pump saved me!  Just try to take it one day at a time and stay strong!  PM if you want to talk. Good luck!
  • I am 30 weeks and am still on zofran.  I am not on a continuous pump anymore though.  I give myself IV boluses through my PICC.  I still throw up but at least I am not throwing up everything I take in anymore.  I can drink water but food is still iffy.  I am on complete IV nutrition.  The thing that helped me was telling myself every day that this will not last forever.  There is an end to it and at the end I will have a great baby :-)  Good luck and I hope you start feeling better soon.
    Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"