February 2012 Moms

How do I not tell?

So, DH is pretty adamant about not telling anyone until after our first Dr.'s appt. which is not until July! But we will be seeing both his mom and my family the next 2 weekends in a row, and the 2nd weekend we are helping my parents move! How can I not tell my parents but not do any heavy lfiting in the moving process? Any ideas???

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: How do I not tell?

• I told my close family (sisters, parents, in laws). Most of them would have their feelings extremely hurt if I kept it a secret, as my family is pretty close. Plus, I know I'd need their support if anything bad happened.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • we've only told a couple really close friends, my 2 sisters and one of DH's brothers.  My sisters because I was visiting them in person and won't seem them again for awhile and his brother because that brother asks DH every time they talk if he's gotten me KU yetConfused.  The friends that knew were the ones that were supporting me through my IF and IUI cycle (the ones on hold for giving me my trigger shot cuz no way I was doing that myself).

I realize you didn't ask for all that, but there you go.

For you... You could fake a back or hammy injury.  Tell them it's nothing bad, but you tweaked it and are keeping an eye on it and taking it easy.  You'll go to the Dr. if it doesn't clear up in a few days, etc...  If they ask how you can hint that it might be related to sex and they should back off Wink

TTC #1 Since 4/2010, Cycle 30
    Positive for HLA-B27, I'm a mutant :p
    Testing - Me ok, gluten issue? DH - borderline count, low motility
    4/28/11 IUI#1 = BFP!(5/25), EDD 2/2/12 - m/c 5w3d
    7/3, 7/31, 9/25 - IUI#2-4=BFN
    IVF#1 - 1 blast = BFP!! (12/30), EDD 9/9/12, confirmed c/p 4w2d
    FET#1 3/2/12 - 2 blasts =BFP!! EDD 11/18/12, us#1 = twins! Confirmed m/c 5w6d
    4/20-surprise BFP and another c/p 4w2d
    FET#2 7/16/12 - 2 blasts = BFN
    FET#3 8/20/12 - 1 blast - BFP!! Beta #1-2=177, 354
    1st u/s 5w6d, one beautiful little HB :), 2nd u/s 146bpm
    baby girl born 5/10/13

TTC#2 since 12/17/2014, Cycle 8
    Repeat Testing...FSH=12, AMH=3.8, AFC=28. 
    IUI#5 5/10/15- c/p?
    IVF#2 8/19/15 - cancelled due to cysts
    IVF#2 take two 10/2015 - 5 blasts frozen
    FET#4 12/11/2015 - BFN - 4 blasts remaining
    FET#5 2/18/16 - BFP!!!  Beta1-3, 126, 250, 745!!

Image and video hosting by TinyPicLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Tons of love and ((hugs)) to my IF sister NMscubagirl

• Loading the player...
  • jobiannjobiann member
    I know, DH wants to tell our families and I don't because of what happened last time. However he really wants to tell his Dad on father's day...we bought a onesie last time that says 'My Grandpa Rides a Harley'. So we might cave, especially if I can get a doctor's appointment in before then.

Henry Cavill...You're welcome!

BFP #3: EDD 1/10/13 **DS born 12/30/12!!!**
    BFP #2: MC 7/2/11 @ 12 weeks
    **Missing our February '12 LoveBug**
    BFP #1: MMC discovered on 12/6/10

Anniversary

• imageChoicesMom:
    imageGregermis:

we've only told a couple really close friends, my 2 sisters and one of DH's brothers.  My sisters because I was visiting them in person and won't seem them again for awhile and his brother because that brother asks DH every time they talk if he's gotten me KU yetConfused.  The friends that knew were the ones that were supporting me through my IF and IUI cycle (the ones on hold for giving me my trigger shot cuz no way I was doing that myself).

I realize you didn't ask for all that, but there you go.

For you... You could fake a back or hammy injury.  Tell them it's nothing bad, but you tweaked it and are keeping an eye on it and taking it easy.  You'll go to the Dr. if it doesn't clear up in a few days, etc...  If they ask how you can hint that it might be related to sex and they should back off Wink

Haha I love this!

LOL-that might do the trick!

• imageChoicesMom:

IMO the only reason not to tell a bunch of people is because it would be hard to untell them should something bad happen.  If you think your family and his family would be a great support to you in that situation then I would try to convince you DH to let you tell them. 

This, for the most part, but also because we know once we tell MIL she will tell EVERYONE. Their whole family has no privacy or barriers. They all share everything. We got a call a few weeks ago about DH's 2nd cousin, and her constipation issues. Really? Really?

That aside, DH does not want to tell my family and then not his. He doesn't think that's "fair." And I totally get that, it's not fair. But it's also not fair that we can't trust her to keep a freakin' secret.

I think I am going to tell my little sister in Madagascar first. I am pretty sure that she can keep it quiet, being that she is on a whole different continent Big Smile

• We told both of our immediate families. Both sides have known we have been trying so we wanted to share the news.  Both my best friend and his best friend and the girls at work know because when I told the office manager I had to go to the Dr on such short notice, it didn't take long for them to figure it out .  I'm glad they know it's way to exciting to keep to our selves!
  • My MIL can't hold water either and that was the only reason I dreaded telling her - at 4 weeks I am not ready for the world to know!!  We told them Friday and saw them again today.  I think she mentioned 4 times that she hasn't told ANYONE yet, I think she's pretty proud of herself!  Now if she can just keep that up for another 2 months or so, we should be all set!

It's really hard not to tell and I was kind of relieved to share with my mom so we could start talking baby stuff  Smile

• noryangnoryang member
    I have absolutely no good advice. Wish I did because we are moving back to the U.S. in just a few weeks!!!!! My DH is the same way but it's KILLING me. I may have to fess up to my boss really soon though because I am starting to fel sick.
    Soon to be Big Sister Eowyn - DOB February 2012
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
     BabyFruit Ticker

My family is a Foreign Service family. Families like mine are posted in every corner of the globe. We live our lives away from family, friends and the conviences and comforts of home. We often live and work in dangerous places among those that misunderstand our intentions and purposes. Sometimes members of our ranks sacrifice our lives to further diplomacy.  Please remember that we serve too. And I'm always open to questions.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"