3rd Trimester

I'm not sure if I should call

I'm having some pain in my back and I'm having a thickish pink discharge. I was just giving DD a bath and had a sharp cramp in my lower pelvic area that lasted about 5/6 seconds. Should I call my mw or l&d or just chill out?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: I'm not sure if I should call

• Drink some water, take a rest for 30-40 minutes and see if you get any more cramps. If you do, keep track of when they're starting and how long they last. Then after resting, get up and moving and see if that makes any difference. If it's early labor you'll notice some type of regularity with the cramps and persistence despite rest, hydration, and change of activity.

Otherwise, aside from the pink discharge, they probably won't worry too much about it.

• When in doubt I ALWAYS call. It never hurts to just ask :) Good luck
  • Loading the player...
  • imagelil_shocker:

Drink some water, take a rest for 30-40 minutes and see if you get any more cramps. If you do, keep track of when they're starting and how long they last. Then after resting, get up and moving and see if that makes any difference. If it's early labor you'll notice some type of regularity with the cramps and persistence despite rest, hydration, and change of activity.

Otherwise, aside from the pink discharge, they probably won't worry too much about it.

This. hydrating yourself can make contractions subside, you could just be a little dehydrated. You know they will just send you home unless your water has broken or the babys head is about to come out lol

7 Angels in Heaven, 1 In My Arms

12/24/07 D&C (12 weeks)
    2/08 MC (5 weeks)
    5/08 PA (7 weeks)
    9/08 VTS (6 weeks)
    7/09 MC (5 weeks)
    8/10 MC (UKN)
    6/7/11 CP (UKN)

*CM PIP Girl* image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards