3rd Trimester

what about mowing the lawn?

So is it really not safe to be mowing the lawn? My husband got mad at me for starting and took over, which is fine with me. One less thing that I have to do. But am I really not supposed to?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: what about mowing the lawn?

• hmmm-well are you really active and push and pull weight around on a daily basis?

I am on modified bedrest so I know I am not allowed to mow the lawn-or vaccum for that matter.

Anyways honestly if I were you I would probably stay away from lawn mowing :-)

• I do it all the time. We have a lot of lawn that involves a push mower, a rider and a wheed whip.

The rider is actually no big deal and as for the other two I've been doing it forever and a day, so I'm used to it and doesn't bother me at all.

The wheed whip is getting tough, so H did it last time, but other than that I'm good!

• Loading the player...
  • lucylealucylea member
    I've mowed the last two times our lawn needed it.  We use a self propelled push mower, but there is a good amount of tugging and pulling to turn around next to the fence.  It probably takes me a good hour and wears me out, but I'm not exhausted.  I also make sure to drink lots of water.  If its something you were doing pre-pregnancy I think you are fine, but I'd probably not try doing it for the first time now.  
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Speaking of mowing the lawn..... we have over an acre of property and MH did yard work all day instead of going to the beach like I would have if I would have been off... but anyways.... does anyone think a ride on mower would cause baby any harm? maybe not physical harm but maybe just scare her really bad? the dang thing is so freaking loud but I'd love to jump on a mower and just ride but I'm afraid I'll scare her..
  • I was told to stay off of our riding mower unless the ground is very flat... no bumps.  I was kind of bummed because DH and I argued all last summer who was going to mow the lawn, it is such a nice break from reality and not to mention the great time for tanning! I have been able to do a lot more flower gardening this year since it is way to wet to plant my vegetable garden and other work that would have been left is now getting done so I guess it isn't all that bad.
  • Who else thought this was going to be another thread about personal grooming "down there"?

I don't mow the lawn ever, but I would think it would be safe as long as you aren't straining yourself.

• Lol... my husband was so pissed that I mowed the lawn the other day.  I told him it was safe, as long as it took breaks and took it easy but it didn't make him any happier.  I have had to promise not to do it again until LO is here.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageChristinaMT4:

Who else thought this was going to be another thread about personal grooming "down there"?

I don't mow the lawn ever, but I would think it would be safe as long as you aren't straining yourself.

me... lmao...

I don't mow the lawn ever so I would not mow it pregnant either. plus I was on bedrest up to the birth of my daughter and was considered high risk due to a loss. I think as long as your dr says okay then it is fine. But if you do not have to I say don't.

Anniversary

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I have push mowed our lawn but only half of it being as we have a pretty good size yard.  As long as you know your limits, take breaks, and stay hydrated then i dont see the problem.  
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • NO mowing the lawn. I had spotting and preterm labor from mopping at 36 weeks.

7 Angels in Heaven, 1 In My Arms

12/24/07 D&C (12 weeks)
    2/08 MC (5 weeks)
    5/08 PA (7 weeks)
    9/08 VTS (6 weeks)
    7/09 MC (5 weeks)
    8/10 MC (UKN)
    6/7/11 CP (UKN)

*CM PIP Girl* image
  • I mowed my lawn, well 75% of the 2 yards and didn't even think twice about it. I just drank lots of fluids and took my time. I did however have to stop because I was exhautsted pushing the mower around. I plan to finish the rest tomorrow before it all starts to grow at different rates.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"