Pregnant after a Loss
Options

appointment waiting

On Friday I have my next appointment (17 weeks.)  It's been 4 weeks since my last appointment and even though everything is fine and I think I felt movement yesterday, I can't help but be nervous.  

Does anyone else not have a home doppler?  How do you hang in for those four long weeks between doctor visits?  The next four will be better because I'll be feeling more movement right?  

Re: appointment waiting

• Options

I don't have a doppler and I managed to make it through! I found that the weeks leading up to feeling movement (21w) were the most difficult. But I am always busy with work so that kept my mind occupied.

Once I started to feel movement, the wait between appts has been much more bearable.

Good luck Friday!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

• Options
    ksulliksulli member
    My loss was a missed m/c, so I had a lot of crazy going on between appointments and no home Doppler. I just had to keep telling myself that this pregnancy is a different one and not related to the last one. I also cried myself to sleep a few times because I was so stressed about it. It does get a lot easier when you start feeling LO move around. I hope time flies, and good luck Friday!
    *Married 10.10.08*
    TTC #1 9.09 - BFP#1:2.18.10= missed m/c, D&C 4.16
    BFP#2:10.22.10=Avelin born 7.2.11
    TTC#2: 2.13 - BFP#3: 7.25.13=Kelsey born 3.31.14
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I managed to be okay most of the time.
    The Blog

Dinner.Hard life?

The brothers I Rule and OMG! with their faithful sidekickFootFoot.

imageimageimage

My life has a superb cast but I can't figure out the plot.
  • Options
    I also never got a home doppler. The waiting definitely sucked, then coming on TB and seeing so many people post about their doppler experiences didn't help things. Like ksulli, I just gave myself pep talks that this pregnancy is different. You aren't alone, you can always find lots of girls who are anxiously waiting for that next appointment. And yes, when you start to feel movement consistently, you will feel soooo much better. Hang in there! Time will start to fly soon.
    BFP 7/31/10 m/c 8/16/10
    BFP 10/25/10 Brynn Helen born 7/7/11
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    Aubs13Aubs13 member

I don't have a Doppler, either.  I wanted one, but DH convinced me not to get one.  I'm okay now without having one (although I still think it would be fun!) but it was hard for the first trimester and into the second.  Once I could feel constant movement, it made things much easier.

Good luck!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I don't have a doppler and I also had a wait from about 12.5 weeks (NT) to 17 weeks between appointments.  Ironically, I also felt the first definitive movement right before my 17 week appt (literally the day before in my case). 

I just have tried to take comfort in whatever I had for symptoms in between appts.  At the stage your at that's pretty hard as there wasn't much for symptoms...so things like my appetite increasing or being a little more tired than usual or peeing 10,000 times a night counted as symptoms to me.

Regarding the next four weeks...yeah, it gets easier.  I went from feeling my lil guy maybe every few days to now feeling him everyday, several times a day.  When will your a/s be?  I'm thinking its quite possible you might have less than 4 weeks from your 17w appt to that.

BFP#2 2.5.11 (EDD 10.15.11) DS born 9.28.11

BFP#4 8.27.13 (EDD 5.6.14) DD born 4.23.14

Lilypie - (2llN)

Lilypie - (2L9u)

My Recipe Blog
    ~All AL'ers welcome~

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"