3rd Trimester

Pack'n'play with bassinet or co-sleeper?

Getting something so baby can sleep at nights in our bedroom (crib will say in nursery for day naps)

what did you guys end up getting? 

Re: Pack'n'play with bassinet or co-sleeper?

• kbjoneskbjones member
    we got the pack n play with the bassinet.  Just seemed more practical and we can use it for more than just sleeping. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • lucylealucylea member
    With DD we used a PNP with a bassinet and it worked great.  We also used it for camping and any time we traveled so its come in handy quite often.  This time around we were handed down a bassinet and will be using that in our bedroom, but otherwise would go the PNP route again.  
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • which pack'n'play did you end up getting?
  • Is size or cost an issue for you? I was wondering the same thing and ended up with a hand me down moses basket on a rocking stand for our bedroom...its about the same size as the FP rock and play sleeper  (which btw is only $45 and gets awesome reviews) I bought for our room before we were given the moses basket.

My issue with the pack n play is that it is really too big for our bedroom, though we ended up with one anyway, we'll use it for traveling or in our next home. 

I would have liked the mini co-sleeper, but I thought they were kind of expensive for something that the baby won't use for that long.

imageLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • We used the bassinet in the PNP with DD, and we are doing the same for this baby too.  DD slept in it for 3 mos, and we used it for traveling.  DD transitioned to the crib at 3 mos and had no problem transitioning over.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We have the Graco Priscilla PnP and are planning on using that for night time sleeping (in our room), then her crib for daytime sleeping (when I'm upstairs or puttering around the nursery).
  • I got a PnP with the bassinet for our bedroom. I'm hoping that will work out well. 
    Lilypie Trying to Conceive 21 to 37 day cycle tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • pack and play. you will use it for years to come, while a bassinet might only get used for a month or so.

7 Angels in Heaven, 1 In My Arms

12/24/07 D&C (12 weeks)
    2/08 MC (5 weeks)
    5/08 PA (7 weeks)
    9/08 VTS (6 weeks)
    7/09 MC (5 weeks)
    8/10 MC (UKN)
    6/7/11 CP (UKN)

*CM PIP Girl* image
  • kxp004kxp004 member
    PnP with Newborn Napper... Found it on sale for $120 ish at Target.... I believe all the Pnp with NNs are the same, just different material and different prices, could be wrong though... I don't really know much about the Pnp with bassinet
    Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker Photobucket
  • imagekxp004:
    PnP with Newborn Napper... Found it on sale for $120 ish at Target.... I believe all the Pnp with NNs are the same, just different material and different prices, could be wrong though... I don't really know much about the Pnp with bassinet

We got this one as well, it has both the newborn napper and bassinet.  The PNP we got with DD1 had the bassinet feature recalled (after she had already used it for 4 months) so we had to get a new one.  If you have the room in your bedroom, it's definitely the way to go, plus you'll probably use it anytime you travel.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My mom bought us the Chicco "play yard" with the changing table.  We have also registered for a Co-Sleeper in hopes we get that as well.  The reason I want both is so that I can attach the co-sleeper to our bed for easy bf in the middle of the night and the PnP will be in our living room on the first floor.  My mom got the PnP on clearance because the color was discontinued so she didn't pay a fortune for it so I feel less guilt of being so selfish.

BabyFetus Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • We got the pnp with the newborn napper that we will use in our family room during the day.  We have the mini co-sleeper for our bedroom and I am still thinking about getting the rock n play.
    Steph - mama to Owen Patrick 2/20/02, Ryder Jacob 11/3/05 and Brody Ryan 7/14/2011
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • We plan on using our graco pack n' play for our bassinet as well the first weeks. 

Does anyone have advice on what needs to go in the bassinet?  Does it need a mattress, sheets, etc.?

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"