Nurseries and Baby Gear

Bumbo - Why not?

I cannot remember why not to use the bumbo people keep asking me why I'm not using this incredible device but I remember it wrecks something....TIA
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

imageimage

Our baby site: Baby Cragg

Re: Bumbo - Why not?

• This is the article I read about it not being so great.

https://www.babygizmo.com/news/bumbo.php 

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers PitaPata Dog tickers Screen Shot 2012-11-15 at 8.25.16 AM
  • huh. my kid absolutely loves his bumbo seat, he'll spend a good 20-30 minutes in it smiling at me and babbling away. i'm not concerned with the lack of fasteners and such because the point of it is to let him sit and try to work on his head control while you're right there making silly faces and playing with toys. i wouldn't ever use it as a replacement high chair or just leave him in it.
    Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • imageJCragg:
    I cannot remember why not to use the bumbo people keep asking me why I'm not using this incredible device but I remember it wrecks something....TIA

Off topic----where did you get the headband your little girl is wearing?  I love it!

Thanks!! 

• imageJCragg:

OMG, I just wanted to say that your angel is ADORABLE!! Congrats!!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • lrn327lrn327 member
    Haven't read the article yet but my LO had acid reflux and it would cause instant spitting up.  It pushed his tummy up too much.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My son had chubby legs and he cried every time we put him in it.
    CafeMom Tickers CafeMom Tickers
  • A friend let us borrow her Bumbo, so we might try it out anyway, but I previously read on here that this product ($40 from Wal-mart) was more useful:

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Summer-Infant-3-Stage-Super-Booster-Seat/10978943

I haven't read the article posted above, so I'm not sure what the "risks" are and if the above product solves them, but it does include a harness and can later be used as a booster seat.

• imageaubreyalise:
    huh. my kid absolutely loves his bumbo seat, he'll spend a good 20-30 minutes in it smiling at me and babbling away. i'm not concerned with the lack of fasteners and such because the point of it is to let him sit and try to work on his head control while you're right there making silly faces and playing with toys. i wouldn't ever use it as a replacement high chair or just leave him in it.

Ditto.  E loves hers. 

• I used the Bumbo after my DD could hold her head up but when she still needed assistance to sit up on her own or needed to be supported. She loved it.  I personally would not put my baby in it if they still couldn't support their head- it doesnt seem to me like that is what its made for.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"